High availabilityPumped storage power plants (PSPP) are one of the commercially proven methods available for grid-scale energy storage. Building additional PSPPs particularly in the areas with high installed capacities of wind parks and solar power plants will significantly improve the grid reliability. In order to ensure such reliability, the availability of the power plant must be high.
When installed in pumped storage power plants (PSPP), a GCB must operate numerous times a day to connect & remove the powertrain to/from the network. Unlike other peak power plants, in addition to high number of daily operations, the GCB will have to interrupt high-currents during switch-off phase.
To maximize return-on-investment, increase time between maintenance, minimize outage time and provide the lowest operational expenditure, it´s crucial to select and implement the solution which is the most durable both electrically and mechanically.
The voice of our customers
- OPEX optimization due to maintenance-free vacuum technology with up to 10,000 CO operating cycles at full nominal rated current
- Featured full-spring operating mechanism stated to be the most reliable* way to operate a GCB with lifespan up to 20,000 CO operation
- Equipped with sealed-for-lifetime** vacuum interrupter
- Complete set of equipment (GCB, PRDS, Back-to-Back, Starting Switch and braking) from single manufacturer ensuring utmost compatibility and reliability (ex: one common local control cabinet for all functions)
- Compact footprint, reduced space requirements
- Horizontal and vertical solutions
- Possibility of disassembled delivery
* Most reliable operating mechanism as per final report number A3-00 from the CIGRE 2012 General Report SC A3.
** R. Renz, D. Gentsch, P. Slade, H. Fink, M. Schlaug, "Vacuum Interrupters – Sealed for Life", 19th Int. Conf. on Electr. Distr. (CIRED), Paper 0156, 21-24 May 2007