HB3 Generator Switchgear for 63 - 110 kA
Most durable solution for power plant
Save up to
of your operational expenditure by going maintenance- and SF6- free with vacuum technology.
The HB3 reduces both your costs and your environmental footprintSiemens HB3 is world’s first and unique generator switchgear taking advantage from vacuum switching technology for application up to 12,700 A and short circuit ratings up to 110 kA. With its single-phase encapsulated design, the HB3 fulfills all requirements for its integration between the generator and the generator step-up transformer (GSUT) on the Insulated Phase Bus (IPB). Optionally, the switchgear can be equipped with line disconnecting switch, earth disconnecting switch on generator side and/ or transformer side, instrument transformers, surge arrester(s) and/ or a start-up disconnecting switch.
We designed the HB3, so you deliver your objectives:
- Maintenance free vacuum technology with up to 10,000 CO operating cycles at full nominal rated current
- Features full-spring operating mechanism stated to be the most reliable* way to operate a GCB with lifespan up to 20,000 CO operation
- Equipped with sealed-for-lifetime** vacuum interrupter
- Simplified footprint without dynamic forces during switching operations, it facilitates designing & sizing of GBS´s supporting structure
- Forklift-ready design will turn on-site erection effortless
- Protection index up to IP66
- Factory-assembled switchgear
- No CO2e emissions during operation, no-use of F-gas at maintenance or recycling
* Most reliable operating mechanism as per final report number A3-00 from the CIGRE 2012 General Report SC A3.
** R. Renz, D. Gentsch, P. Slade, H. Fink, M. Schlaug, "Vacuum Interrupters – Sealed for Life", 19th Int. Conf. on Electr. Distr. (CIRED), Paper 0156, 21-24 May 2007