Higher availability for your distribution networkBy virtually eliminating the impacts of temporary faults on lateral lines, Fusesaver™ helps utilities to increase network reliability while minimising operating costs of overhead MV networks. The exceptional small footprint and light weight of the device enables a quick and easy installation and fast commissioning. Self-powered from line current, the circuit breaker has the capability for multi-phase fault clearance for both transient and permanent faults. The smart system provides wireless connectivity for remote access and can be easily integrated into utilities SCADA network via a Remote Control Unit (RCU).
Versatility to optimize the performance of overhead medium voltage distribution network
Fusesaver™ can detect, open and clear a fault in as little as one-half cycle (10ms) and is configurable to either protect or replace the fuse. It can also isolate permanently faulted line segments or isolate sections for repair.
Minimising the risk of bushfires with Fusesaver™
On extreme risk bushfire days, it is critical to eliminate any probability of faults on the electrical network igniting a fire. Find out how the Fusesaver™ can support you minimising the risk of bushfires.
Customer Experience Powercor Australia
How Powercor Australia minimises bushfire risks
Powercor delivers electricity to nearly 780,000 homes and businesses in Victoria (Australia). The energy distributor is a located in one of the world’s most bushfire prone areas and manages approx. 90,000 km of distribution lines (87% overhead lines). Watch how Powercor deploys Fusesaver™ on SWER lines to mitigate bushfire risk.
Unrivalled technology for advanced protection
- Half-cyle switching (10ms)
- Smart grid-ready with communications module
- Self-powered from low line current (as little as 0.15A)
- Wireless connectivity
- Multi-phase protection operation via peer-to-peer communication
- Multi-phase synchronous manual operation via peer-to-peer communication
- Battery backup auxiliary operation
- Rated for load break and fault make for manual switching
- Delayed operation for manual open/close for load break and load pick-up
- Unique compact design and lightweight (5.5 kg)
- Different mounting options (line clamping, cross-arm, pole mounting)
- Optional SCADA connection via Remote Control Unit (RCU)