Meeting the need for smart mobility solutionsThe steadily growing demand for mobility requires ever more efficient transportation concepts.
Backed by our generations of transport experience and expertise and our IT know-how, we are continually developing new and intelligent solutions that increase availability, optimize route utilization and create a new quality of travel. We are doing this by electrifying, automating and digitalizing mobility – and by setting tomorrow’s standards today.
AusRAIL PLUS 2017 offers an ideal platform for directly experiencing some of our innovative solutions and talking to our team of local and international experts. The theme for this year’s conference and exhibition is “Rail’s Digital Revolution”, and we’ll demonstrate how our cutting-edge technology makes this revolution real for operators across Australia, New Zealand and the rest of the world.
Through the digitalization of proven transport solutions, Siemens is taking mobility to the next level by making mobility services even more efficient and sustainable – today and tomorrow. By combining domain know-how with digitalization expertise, Siemens offers its customers future-proven mobility solutions for improved availability, maximum throughput and enhanced passenger experience:
- Availability is improved with monitoring and diagnostics, prescriptive services and intelligent energy management.
- Throughput is maximized with automated driving, integrated resource and asset management and intermodal traffic management.
- Passenger experience is enhanced with cutting edge IT applications enabling operators to optimize asset utilization and to provide smooth, convenient and safe traveling for their passengers.
So, join us at AusRAIL PLUS 2017 (stand 142) to learn firsthand how digital innovations make mobility solutions more competitive and attractive.
Highlights of the Siemens stand
- The Digital Services Centre will show you how data analysis and “the internet of trains” enable operators worldwide to achieve 99.99% availability across their rail fleets.
- The ETCS Simulator will take you into the driver’s cab, allowing you to experience the European Train Control System (ETCS) in action and switch between Automatic Train Operation (ATO) and manual control, and then compare energy efficiency and punctuality between these two modes of operation.
- The RUGGEDOM and WESTRACE display will demonstrate how cutting edge communications and rail automation components work together to manage critical junctions such as level crossings.
- The M23A MKIII Point Machine is a brand new product designed, developed and manufactured right here in Australia by our local team, built to operate in the harshest conditions, with modular components ensuring maintenance is a breeze.
- The 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing showcase will demonstrate how Siemens uses 3D printing for rapid prototyping and production of various components for our range of rail and light rail rolling stock.
- The HaCon Train Planning System (TPS) will show you how operators and infrastructure owners significantly improve their work and business processes regarding operative timetable planning using this innovative software tool.
You’ll also get the opportunity to talk to a range of technical experts from Australia, New Zealand and elsewhere around the world.
You’ll find us at Stand 142 in the exhibition hall.
AgendaDon’t miss the opportunity to hear from Siemens experts in plenary sessions and technical streams during the conference. Details can be found below.
From digital to virtual: Technologies that will impact rail’s development and opportunities
Facilitator: Tony Braxton-Smith, Deputy Secretary Customer Service, Transport for NSW
Andrew Dudgeon, Managing Director, Bombardier Transportation
Michael Miller, CEO, Downer Rail
Anna Squire, Principal, Global Rail Business Leader, Arup
Max Eichhorn, Executive General Manager, Mobility Division, Siemens
Paul Gill, Managing Director Signalling, Alstom Transport