Committee for Economic Development of Australia (CEDA)In 2019, this partnership engaged industry, education and government with discussion on several key topics including the Hydrogen Strategy update by Australia’s Chief Scientist, Dr Alan Finkel AO, and Queensland, Victorian and Western Australian State of the State events. The 2020 series places a particular focus on Australia’s efforts to rebuild and recover post COVID-19. Including a range of local and international industry experts, the series will focus on Australia’s national infrastructure projects and future energy mix, future of manufacturing in this new era and lessons learnt from other global cities. All of which aim to provide businesses valuable insight on how they can get back on track.
NSW State of the State with Premier Berejiklian – hybrid event, 5th Nov.
New South Wales is a half a trillion-dollar economy. Its ability to navigate the ongoing challenges that the pandemic has presented, and to recover from them, has implications for the future of our state and the national economy.
Premier Gladys Berejiklian will outline the Government’s forward agenda, its policy priorities, investment and spending, and plans for the future. The NSW State of the State will consider:
- Investment in key sectors and key projects that will drive employment growth and create jobs;
- The introduction of reforms to support and increase productivity, digitisation and a regulatory environment that encourages growth; and
- The state of our local manufacturing, production and supply chains and efforts to increase the self-sufficiency of our economy while ensuring trade and export opportunities increase.
The Hon. Gladys Berejiklian MP, Premier of NSW
2020 Copland Lecture by the Hon. Julie Bishop – hybrid event, 16th Oct.
In celebration of their 60th anniversary year, CEDA is honoured to have the Hon. Julie Bishop deliver the 2020 CEDA Copland Lecture.
Having represented Australia on the world stage as Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs from 2013 to 2018, Julie provides unique insight into the traits of successful leaders. Julie will discuss Strategic and ethical leadership in a time of change and disruption, providing insights from her engagement with leaders around the world and through times of disruption. This is the leadership discussion we need in 2020.
Julie Bishop, Chancellor, Australian National University, Foreign Minister of Australia 2013-18
A new technology roadmap: from what to how – interactive livestream, 27th Aug.
There has been much discussion about Australia’s future energy mix and how the current disruption may drive new investment for critical technologies as the nation focuses on economic recovery.
The federal government’s Technology Investment Roadmap released in May prioritises further investments in new gas infrastructure, support for the emerging hydrogen sector and storage technologies for domestic clean energy industries.
Beyond the energy mix, what does the energy sector need to make significant progress on delivering a holistic, safe and reliable energy industry for Australia.
- Michael Bielinski, Chief Executive Officer, Siemens Energy Australia Pacific Region
- Andrew Horvath, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Star Scientific
- Ian Learmonth, Chief Executive Officer, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
- Alex Wonhas, Chief System Design and Engineering Officer, AEMO
For more information on Siemens partnership with CEDA, please contact the Siemens Communications team