Terms and Conditions for the Trivia competition
By participating in the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms). If an entrant (you) does not accept these Terms, you must not participate in the Competition and will not be eligible for any prizes offered in the Competition.
Promoter: Siemens Ltd (ABN 98 004 347 880)
Competition: Trivia Game for Reset Series Virtual Oktoberfest broadcast
Eligible Entrants: The Competition is open to all attendees of the virtual Oktoberfest broadcast who are 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry and have registered via the Siemens Oktoberfest registration page, except attendees who are:
• directors/employees of Siemens-owned entities.
• immediate family members of directors/employees of Siemens-owned entities
Maximum number of entries: Only one entry (within the trivia competition) is allowed per person. Multiple entries from the same person (including with different email addresses or usernames) is not permitted.
Competition Period: Start: 4pm AEDT Thursday, 29 October 2020 and Close 5pm AEDT Thursday, 29 October 2020.
To enter the Competition, you must:
• be registered for the Siemens RESET Series Virtual Oktoberfest event;
• access the link https://www.menti.com website during the Competition Period;
• complete questions within the competition section(s); and
• you must also provide your full name in your entry to competition
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or issues, or for any other reason.
Notification of winners: A full list of winners will be announced during the broadcast on Thursday 29 October 2020 following the Competition Close and will be published on the Siemens website on Friday, 30th October. Winners will also be notified via email after the event, using the contact details provided on entry.
Claim Period: The winner will have until 23:59 AEDT on Friday, 6th November to respond and claim the prize. If the winner does not claim the Prize by this date, the winner will forfeit the Prize.
Unclaimed Prize: If Siemens Ltd cannot contact the winner or if the winner does not claim the prize within the Claim Period, Siemens Ltd may reserves the right at its sole discretion to select the entrant with the next highest ranked score as the winner or retain the unclaimed prize.
Where Siemens Ltd elects a replacement winner, the next person contacted will have three weeks from date of contact to claim the Prize.
Entrants should ensure that your participation is aligned with your own organisation’s code of conduct and that it is acceptable within your company’s code of conduct to accept the prizes offered. If an entrant cannot accept a prize for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next highest ranked entrant.
Prize Delivery: To claim the Prize, the winner must confirm the address provided upon registration or provide Siemens Ltd with a mailing address for the delivery of their prize.
The Promoter, prize suppliers and any other company associated with this Competition take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit and will not be responsible for any delay in delivery, damage to or loss in transit of the prize.
Undelivered Prize: If the Prize is returned to Siemens Ltd for whatever reason, Siemens Ltd may, at its sole discretion, re-deliver, re-distribute or retain the returned Prize.
Prizes are awarded on a game of skill in 3 separate trivia sections - competitors will be ranked based on the most correct and fastest answers received. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
General Terms and Conditions.
- An entrant cannot win one more than one prize during the course of the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition.
- Prizes will be specified by the competition organiser and no substitutes or changes will be allowable.
- Prizes and any activities included in prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for monetary value. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of this prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. The major trivia prize cannot be exchanged for another itinerary.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute any component of the major trivia prize for an itinerary of equal value at their discretion.
- The Major Trivia Prize cannot be gifted to other persons in lieu of the winner not being able to travel. Should the winner not be able to complete all aspects of the itinerary within the period of prize validity, the remaining items shall be forfeited without any replacement for their value.
- The winner is required to obtain the relevant and suitable travel insurance at their own expense in order to be able to take the competition prize. It is the traveller's personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation.
- Total Pool Value for Prizes - $8400 (incl GST) (based on the retail price of the prizes as offered for sale at the start of the competition).
Major Trivia Prize value is up to $5000 with Hello World Travel and includes a minimum of:
- 2 x Flights for from any major capital city in Australia or New Zealand to Townsville – outside of public school holiday periods
- 5 nights accommodation: 3 nights in Townsville and 2 nights on Magnetic Island
- Half day trip to Australian Institute of Marine Science (AIMS), hosted by Siemens staff member
- Block-Out dates - trip is unavailable on the following dates: 4-18 November 2020 and 12 – 18th December 2020. The voucher must be used within 12 months of applicable borders reopening.
- Any additional spending money, flights, meals, insurance, taxes, passports, visas, extra accommodation, items of a personal nature, inoculations, travel to and from departure point, additions to stipulated itineraries and offered flights and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws. In relation to the Major Trivia Prize, the winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at the destination prior to travel.
Minor Trivia Prizes include:
1st Trivia section Prize Pool
- 1st Place – A year’s supply of beer – value $1,000
- 2nd Place – 5 cases of beer up to – value $500
- 3rd Place – 2 cases of beer up to – value $200
2nd Trivia section Prize Pool
- 1st Place – A year's supply of Haighs chocolate– value $1,000
- 2nd Place – 6 months' supply of chocolate – value $500
- 3rd Place – Haighs chocolate to the value of $200