PSS®E – Advanced Dynamic Simulation
Registrations have now closed for this event.
Dates: 4 - 8 July 2022 (5 Day Course)
Format: Remote Learning (Microsoft Teams)
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm AEDT
Training Fee: A$2,500 *Discounts available for customers with M&S*
• Students to have foundational knowledge of power studies
• Students to bring own laptops with PSS®E installed
Advanced Dynamic Simulation for PSS®E is a hands-on course designed for experienced engineers interested in learning advanced analysis of system stability and dynamics. Examples and exercises focus on dynamic modelling of components such as synchronous generators, excitation systems, prime movers, wind turbines, HVDC and FACTS devices, and loads.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have the knowledge and the ability to incorporate the advanced dynamic simulation capabilities of PSS®E into the analysis of their power system.
- Refresh knowledge of mathematical modelling tools (Laplace transform, transfer functions and block diagrams) and classical control techniques (transient and frequency response and numerical integration)
- Understand the classifications of power system stability necessary to determine meaningful practical analysis
- Understand the process, setup procedures and classification of variables in dynamic simulation
- Perform data checking functions, including checking of excitation system and turbine governor model response
- Understand the basics of excitation system tuning
- Learn about modelling of power plant components, including synchronous machines, excitation systems, turbines and speed governors.
- Explore modelling of relays, HVDC systems, FACTS, loads and induction motors
- Develop and incorporate user-written models into PSS®E
- Learn how to perform modal analysis using PSSPLT