- To be held on 23rd July in Brisbane, Digitalize 2019 will feature global and local industry leaders discussing digitalization experiences
- Visiting global experts from Siemens include Martin Powell, Head of Urban Development and Gerhard Kress, Vice President of Data Services
- Australian industry experts speaking at the conference include Michelle Price, CEO of AustCyber, Will Shrapnel, CEO of Helimods, Professor Bronwyn Fox, Director of the Manufacturing Futures Research Institute, Swinburne University of Technology, Grant Statton from FKG and the CEO of Powerlink
Following successful conferences in Sydney and Melbourne, Siemens announced the return of its annual digitalization conference, Digitalize 2019, which will be held on Tuesday, 23 July 2019 at the contemporary W Hotel in Brisbane.
This year’s conference will feature two of Siemens’ most prolific global speakers on digitalization – Martin Powell, Head of Urban Development and Gerhard Kress, Vice President of Data Services.
In his role, Martin provides technology advice to over 100 Mayors worldwide on how cities can stay competitive. He is also Siemens’ Cities lead for the Americas. Prior to this, he was the Deputy Mayor of London for Energy & Environment working under the former Mayor of London, Boris Johnson.
Gerhard has been responsible for building Siemens’ global data science team over the last few years, focusing on machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts in rail and industrial sectors. Having developed world-renowned new business models around data services, Gerhard is a regular speaker at leading Internet of Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0 events.
Themed ‘Unlock the Potential’, the full-day conference will feature a line-up of global and local industry experts engaging in keynote sessions and panel discussions around how Australian businesses across various sectors can unlock their potential with the use of digitalization. The discussions will centre around four sub-themes of Industry 4.0, Intelligent Infrastructure, Australia’s Energy Transition and Workforce of the Future.
Leading Australian speakers confirmed include:
- Michelle Price, who leads Australia’s AustCyber (cyber security growth centre) will share her thoughts on cyber security as an opportunity rather than a threat.
- Will Shrapnel, Sunshine Coast-based aerospace company Helimods that is on a global growth trajectory will highlight how it is using cutting edge technology to help helicopter paramedics across the world.
- Prof. Bronwyn Fox from Swinburne University, along with leading Australian universities, will explain how a new network of Industry 4.0 test laboratories will support Australian businesses (especially Small to Medium Enterprises) in the transition to the Industry 4.0.
Digitalize 2019 provides the holistic view from real industry experts in various sectors – from the big picture to specific case studies and discussions on the latest and future technologies through to preparing the workforce for the change.
For registration and more details see: www.siemensdigitalize2019.com
Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2019
Time: 8:00am – 4:30pm, followed by networking drinks
Location: W Hotel, Brisbane
Join the discussion on Twitter using #digitalize2019.
Contact for journalists
Krupa Uthappa Phone: +61 427 601 578