SINETPLAN - Siemens Network Planner
Know the behavior of your network already in advance – with a real
Plan – simulate – test: SINETPLANThe Siemens Network Planner supports you as a planner of automation systems based on PROFINET and facilitates the professional and proactive planning of a system. Benefit from the efficient planning and layout of PROFINET networks, especially if so-called “non-real-time communication” such as TCP/IP data is used in addition to real-time (RT) or IRT communication.
Know the network load in advance – confidently commission the network
SINETPLAN calculates and simulates the network load in a PROFINET network and shows critical points where the network load is too high. In addition, it simulates the network load of real-time data (real-time communication between I/O controllers and I/O devices) as well as of non-real-time communication caused, for example, by standard Ethernet nodes.
You get transparency and an overview of the network load of the planned network prior to installation and commissioning. If the Siemens Network Planner shows critical network sections, you can easily redesign and restart the simulation.
In this way, you can optimize the planned network, maximize utilization of network resources, or plan reserves. Last but not least, potential problems are already visible and can be remedied – whereas subsequent rework during commissioning or even productive operation would result in significantly higher costs. With SINETPLAN, you increase production availability and operational security right from the start.
Your advantages at a glance
- Tool-supported network design and simulation right from the planning phase
- Optimization of utilization of available network resources
- Prevention of downtimes due to network failures and increase in production availability
- Ensuring of operational reliability through the use of traffic shapers
- Cost optimization: “real one-cable solution”
- Transparency regarding the network load for both I/O data and NRT traffic down to the port level