Algonquin's goal: a zero net carbon footprint by 2042
With Siemens help, Algonquin College has already established a solid foundation of investment and best practices to realize this goal.
- Algonquin College has created a unique sustainability curriculum to support and inspire tomorrow's environmental leaders. This includes a graduate certificate program in sustainability; and the integration of sustainability into the curriculum of all undergraduate disciplines for every student.
- Algonquin College is a 'living lab' of leading-edge sustainability technologies including on-site cogeneration for energy independence. Siemens sophisticated microgrid manages energy creation via solar panels and cogen. It also determines when energy is directed from its energy storage
- The Energy Innovation centre provides students with hands-on access to the newest technologies
- Infrastructure upgrades for energy efficiency have resulted in a $3.2 million annual savings for Algonquin College
- And a dedicated Siemens professional is onsite at Algonquin College to drive and promote its green initiatives
Algonquin College, with Siemens help, inspires tomorrow's environmental leaders who are ready to change the world.
The work we've done together is absolutely ripe with ingenuity. We have groundbreaking ideas that drives us a net zero carbon footprintCheryl Jensen, Former President, Algonquin College