Commercial Surge Protection
High quality commercial surge protection for your custom application
We’re committed to providing high quality surge protection solutions for your application in commercial and industrial electrical systems. Our complete portfolio of the whole-facility, highly reliable, and easy-to-install protective devices ensure the highest possible electrical system safety while delivering some of the industry’s best performance ratings.
The new BoltShield BSPD provide the best protection from both externally and internally generated surges when located as close to the building distribution system as possible. For cost and space reasons many buildings only include one SPD located at the main incoming panel and do not cascade SPDs throughout the building as recommended by IEEE. The new Siemens BSPD series of SPDs, specifically designed for your commercial applications, are economical and easy to install in most panels throughout a building for the whole facility protection to be achieved.
Features and Benefits:
- 100kA per phase surge current rating
- Diagnostic monitoring – green/red visual mechanical flag failure indicators, flashing dual color LED status indicator, and audible alarm with silence switch/button
- Protected by a 10-year, $75,000 warranty
- Cascading – multiple BSPDs can be stacked in a single panelboard for increased modes of protection and surge capacity
- Modes of protection – the electrical system's primary paired conductor combinations of L-N, L-G, and L-L are directly surge protected
- Footprint – fits in footprint of BL/BQD or xGB/ 3VA41 with 2 and 3 pole options.
- Each SPD comes with an adapter for xGB/3VA41 applications. Replacement adapter kit BSPDXGB1 is available, containing 2 and 3 pole adapters (1 each).
Standard compliance and certifications:
- UL 1449 4th Edition, cUL, UL1283, UL 96A Compliant, ANSI/IEEE C62.41.1-2002, C62.41.2-2002, C62.45-2002, NEC Article 285o
- ISO 9001:2014 quality management system, 100% quality tested prior to shipping
Siemens' line of TPS3 SPDs consistently assures optimal performance through direct bus bar connections or minimal cable connections. This translates to some of the industry's best installed voltage protection ratings (VPRs) and surge current capacities ranging from 50kA to 1000kA. With the wide range of current capacities, the TPS3 product line can satisfy both commercial and residential applications as long as the voltage level matches the installation needs. Purchase a TPS unit to connect to a load center or configure a TPS unit to be factory in switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, MCCs, and busway.
Features and Benefits:
- TPS TranSafe Enabled – Our patented TranSafe fault current protection circuitry provides peace of mind that your electronic loads are protected and that your electrical system will not go down due to SPD fault control operations.
- Integral or Internally Mounted for Optimized Protection – Internal surge protection dramatically reduces installation impedance allowing for superior installed suppressed voltage capabilities.
- SAD/MOV Hybrid Suppression – For mission critical applications needing the absolute best suppressed voltage, our hybrid SAD/MOV suppressors combine tight clamping technology with integrated suppression, delivering the strongest installed protection capabilities available.
- Retrofits – TPS3 01 and TPS3 09 Field retrofit within our P1 and our previous S1 distribution panel boards. When your needs change, Siemens TPS gives you the flexibility to retrofit Siemens panels with internal surge protection replicating factory installation.
- Low Suppressed Voltage Ratings – TPS Family offers some of the lowest UL 1449 listed suppressed voltage ratings available, meaning your electronics will last longer when compared to SPDs with higher ratings.
- Protected by 10 year warranty for SPD replacement. Exception – TPS3 03 units have a 5-year warranty for SPD replacement.
The FirstSurgeTM line of surge products offer solutions for both residential and commercial applications. The balanced defense and robustness of the FirstSurge units provide assurance to property owners that their modern homes, buildings and appliances are fully protected.
Surge Current Capacity:
The line offers three different surge protector sizes based upon geographic location and thunderstorm activity:
- FirstSurgeTM Power (FS60): 60,000A
- FirstSurgeTM Power (FS100): 100,000A
- FirstSurgeTM Power (FS140): 140,000A
Features and Benefits:
- 3-Staged– when the device wears out, the protection status LEDs extinguish, an audible alarm beeps, and a red service light flashes to warn the property owner.
- Modes of protection – the electrical system's primary paired conductor combinations of L-N, L-G, and N-G are directly surge protected.
- Balanced VPR protection – all primary paired conductors are surge protected in a balanced manner with 600V UL1449 VPRs.
- Ground reference monitoring – GRM diagnostics monitor the health of a unit’s neutral to ground bond and alert the property owner if the bond becomes loose, preventing a potential safety issue.
- Safety – FirstSurge can achieve UL1449 listed 100kA SCCR - one of the highest ratings for residential surge protection.
- Surge current capacities: 60,000A / 100,000A / 140,000A
- Compatibility – device installs in any load center brand
10-year product and connected equipment warranty:
- FS060 - $50,000
- FS100 - $75,000
- FS140 - $100,000