Residential Surge Protection Devices
Shield your modern home with our residential surge protection solutions
Shield your modern home with the Siemens residential portfolio of surge protection solutions delivering some the industry’s best performance ratings. Our whole-house protection devices defend your property and all the sensitive electronics that are susceptible to surge related activity. The new BoltShieldTM QSPD series and Circuit Breaker & Surge Protective Device offer economical and easy-to-install solution for your house safety.
The new BoltShield QSPD series of surge protection provide the best protection from both externally and internally generated surges and are specifically designed for your residential applications.
Features and Benefits:
- 65kA per phase surge current rating
- Diagnostic monitoring – green/red visual mechanical flag failure indicators, flashing dual color LED status indicator, and audible alarm with silence switch/button
- Protected by a 10-year, $50,000 Warranty
- Cascading – multiple QSPDs can be stacked in a single load center for increased modes of protection and surge capacity
- Modes of protection – the electrical system's primary paired conductor combinations of L-N, L-G, and L-L are directly surge protected
- Small footprint – BoltShield QSPD fits in footprint of Siemens QP breaker with 2 and 3 pole options
Standard compliance and certifications:
- UL 1449 4th Edition, cUL, UL 96A compliant, ANSI/IEEE C62.41.1-2002, C62.41.2-2002, C62.45-2002, NEC Article 285
- ISO 9001:2014 quality management system, ISO 17025:2007 laboratory certification (UL DAP Program), 100% quality tested prior to shipping
The Siemens QSA breaker Surge Protection Device (SPD) offers a highly effective TVSS integrated with two 1-pole circuit breakers. This device incorporates the robust features of a secondary circuit breaker surge arrester with a lower clamping voltage rating.
Features and Benefits:
- 40kA per phase surge current rating
- 2-inch wide plug-on design
- Two 1-pole circuits breakers which offers no loss of load center spaces
- Protected by a 2.5-year, $20,000 warranty
- Easy to install and perfect for retrofit
- LEDs provide protection status
- Two green LED indicator lights are provided to show that surge protection is provided for all circuits connected to the panelboard. As a Siemens exclusive feature, the device notifies the owner about the loss of surge protection by tripping one or both circuit breakers. These breakers should be used for circuit protection of frequently used household circuits as the lights and devices connected to these circuits provide an effective indication that surge protection is being provided.
- If one or both circuit breakers have tripped, a user should turn both circuit breakers to the "OFF" then "ON" position. If either light is not illuminated, the device may still be used for circuit protection, but surge protection is no longer provided, and the device should be replaced by a qualified electrician.
- The circuit breaker and SPD utilize Siemens-built 150V AC, 40mm, metal oxide varistors (MOVs). The maximum impulse rating for the SPD module is 40kA. The standard interrupting rating for the circuit breakers is 10k AIC. The circuit breakers are SWD and HACR rated.
- All Type QP circuit breakers and SPD are plug-on style, with load terminals provided. The devices are rated for 120/240V AC and are calibrated for 40 degrees C maximum ambient applications.
The FirstSurgeTM line of surge products offer solutions for both residential and commercial applications. The balanced defense and robustness of the FirstSurge units provide assurance to property owners that their modern homes, buildings and appliances are fully protected.
Surge Current Capacity:
The line offers three different surge protector sizes based upon geographic location and thunderstorm activity:
- FirstSurgeTM Power (FS60): 60,000A
- FirstSurgeTM Power (FS100): 100,000A
- FirstSurgeTM Power (FS140): 140,000A
Features and Benefits:
- 3-Staged– when the device wears out, the protection status LEDs extinguish, an audible alarm beeps, and a red service light flashes to warn the property owner.
- Modes of protection – the electrical system's primary paired conductor combinations of L-N, L-G, and N-G are directly surge protected.
- Balanced VPR protection – all primary paired conductors are surge protected in a balanced manner with 600V UL1449 VPRs.
- Ground reference monitoring – GRM diagnostics monitor the health of a unit’s neutral to ground bond and alert the property owner if the bond becomes loose, preventing a potential safety issue.
- Safety – FirstSurge can achieve UL1449 listed 100kA SCCR - one of the highest ratings for residential surge protection.
- Surge current capacities: 60,000A / 100,000A / 140,000A
- Compatibility – device installs in any load center brand
10-year product and connected equipment warranty:
- FS060 - $50,000
- FS100 - $75,000
- FS140 - $100,000
Siemens' line of TPS3 SPDs consistently assures optimal performance through direct bus bar connections or minimal cable connections. This translates to some of the industry's best installed voltage protection ratings (VPRs) and surge current capacities ranging from 50kA to 1000kA. With the wide range of current capacities, the TPS3 product line can satisfy both commercial and residential applications as long as the voltage level matches the installation needs. Purchase a TPS unit to connect to a load center or configure a TPS unit to be factory in switchgear, switchboards, panelboards, MCCs, and busway.
Features and Benefits:
- TPS TranSafe Enabled – Our patented TranSafe fault current protection circuitry provides peace of mind that your electronic loads are protected and that your electrical system will not go down due to SPD fault control operations.
- Integral or Internally Mounted for Optimized Protection – Internal surge protection dramatically reduces installation impedance allowing for superior installed suppressed voltage capabilities.
- SAD/MOV Hybrid Suppression – For mission critical applications needing the absolute best suppressed voltage, our hybrid SAD/MOV suppressors combine tight clamping technology with integrated suppression, delivering the strongest installed protection capabilities available.
- Retrofits – TPS3 01 and TPS3 09 Field retrofit within our P1 and our previous S1 distribution panel boards. When your needs change, Siemens TPS gives you the flexibility to retrofit Siemens panels with internal surge protection replicating factory installation.
- Low Suppressed Voltage Ratings – TPS Family offers some of the lowest UL 1449 listed suppressed voltage ratings available, meaning your electronics will last longer when compared to SPDs with higher ratings.
- Protected by 10 year warranty for SPD replacement. Exception – TPS3 03 units have a 5-year warranty for SPD replacement.