WL Power Circuit Breakers
Reliable, versatile, and perfectly integrated. Designed for use in your low voltage switchgear and switchboard applications.
Every power supply depends upon a reliable infeed of electricity. WL air circuit breakers reliably protect electrical installations against damage or fire as a result of short circuits, ground faults, or overload faults. WL air circuit breakers are used as incoming-feeder, coupler, and outgoing-feeder circuit breakers in electrical systems in industry, buildings, and infrastructure applications. They have communications capability and can be easily integrated into higher-level control and energy management systems. The ever-increasing use of plant and energy management systems has intensified the demand for circuit breakers supporting multiple open protocols to monitor and control the flow of energy in the power system. The extensive and modular WL family of circuit breakers and accessories provides this for applications ranging from 200A to 6000A.
Features & Benefits:
- The system solution offers monitoring and control through PROFINET IO, Modbus, Modbus TCP or PROFIBUS communications, supports energy management through advanced metering and quality analysis, and offers complete ratings and accessories – meeting every need with one design.
- This highly engineered reliable design offers increased operations and the Extended Instantaneous Protection function allowing 100% of the full withstand rating of the frame and still providing the ability of the breaker to be applied up to the maximum interrupting rating.
- Safety-related features such as a visible ready-to-close indicator, customizable interlocking, and mechanical trip indication offer peace of mind.
- Designed to meet standard industrial and commercial application requirements
- Сompact without sacrificing performance and does not use energy-wasting heat sinks
- Common guide frames for the draw-out version make the breakers completely interchangeable between the UL 489 (CSA 22.2 no.5) and ANSI / UL 1066 rated circuit breakers
- Highly accurate internal Rogowski CTs allow for precision protection and metering – saving money on down time, field service, and increased customer satisfaction.
- The ease of use – from integrated racking handles, pull-apart front-mounted terminal blocks, and simple selection and application tools – reduces installation time and errors, adds flexibility, and minimizes training.
This type of WL low voltage power circuit breakers are generally intended to provide main and feeder circuit protection in accordance with UL1066 standard for safety for low-voltage AC and DC power circuit breakers used in enclosures. Available in 3-pole and 4-pole configurations as fixed-mount and drawout frames. These circuit breakers are constructed in compliance with ANSI/IEEE C37.13, and performance tested in accordance with ANSI C37.50. This versatile family of power circuit breakers is acceptable for use within low voltage switchgear (i.e. ANSI/IEEE C37.20.1, ANSI/IEEE C37.20.7, and UL 1558), low voltage switchboards (i.e. UL 891), low voltage motor control centers (i.e. UL 845), and other types of industrial control equipment (i.e. UL 508 series). Certain options and ratings may be limited in comparison to the UL/CSA 489 listed circuit breakers. UL file numbers E240124, E240232, E240233 and E236299 apply.
The UL 1066 4-pole breaker family is available for use in switchgear, switchboards and motor control centers. (A UL1066 breaker can be used in UL891 switchboard. A UL489 breaker is not required.) The 4-pole UL 1066 breaker is available in frame sizes 2 &3 and shares the same breaker accessories as the 3-pole breakers. Connectors are optional up to 2000A; rear connectors are standard for 3200A FS2, 4000A, and 5000A FS3 breakers. Neutral protection is available as an option.
With over one million breakers sold around the world since the product introduction, WL Circuit breakers provide time-tested and proven technology in the low-voltage product portfolio. With a design created around customer needs and convenience, the WL family offers virtually unlimited configuration capabilities unique to its class, setting an industry precedent for modularity.
Covers a power range from 630A to 6300A. The breakers are suitable for applications up to 1150VAC and as non-automatic switches up to 1000VDC.
Three frame sizes that support either a 3 or 4 pole design with fixed-mounted and draw-out versions.
World's Smallest Air Circuit Breaker
in the upper performance range, 5000A to 6300A, as FS3 offering.
Full Communication Capability
via PROFIBUS, PROFINET I/O or MODBUS; integrated communication concept with 3VL.
- International standards and approvals
- IEC 60947-2
- DIN VDE 0690 Part 1
- Climatic withstand capability in acc. with DIN IEC 68 Part 30-2
- CCC, Gost
- Shipbuilding, e.g. GL, ABS, LRS, PRS for international applications
Please contact factory for additional information.
WL air circuit breakers can be equipped with a communications module and integrated into higher-level energy management systems. Auxiliary, signaling, and position switches report condition and fault diagnostics to higher-level control systems, even remotely. The COM35 communication module may be used for the communication protocols PROFINET IO and Modbus TCP and is compatible with all WL air circuit breakers. This makes it particularly suitable for retrofit and expansion of power distribution systems. The COM35 can also be used to support Dynamic Arc-Flash Sentry (DAS) functions via ETU776 and ETU76B. The COM35 has a programmable free input and a free output contact which must be set to "DAS" using a software tool called ‘powerconfig’. Powerconfig is designed to program Siemens type WL circuit breakers and the associated trip unit accessories (including CubicleBUS and communications modules). It runs on Windows-based computers and may be downloaded free of charge here.
- PROFINET IO, Modbus TCP, Modbus & PROFIBUS Communication
- Digital and analog I/O option
- Dual parameter configuration
- Remote breaker operation
- Power metering capable
- Configuration software
- Zone interlocking
- Waveform capture & harmonic measurement