E Series: EM Engines
A powerful new competitor in the expanding market for reciprocating engines in power generation applications, the EM Series offers best-in-class performance with excellent efficiency on a small footprint. The electronically carbureted EM Series gas engines feature the highest electrical efficiency in the industry, with low emissions from a smaller footprint. Output of the EM-86 engine is 2065 kW at 50 Hz and when fueled with natural gas at 60 Hz the output of the EM-100 is also 2065 kW. Unique among existing engines, the EM-100 is the only direct drive solution available for the 60 Hz market.
At Siemens we go one step further to offer optimal solutions and services to our customers. That is why we integrate our Control Systems into our engines. GCS Control Systems ensure performance optimization connected to the most technologically advanced engine, gen-set and power plant control management systems to address our customers’ ever challenging needs.
You can now be in control of your energy, while maximizing plant efficiency with GCS Control Systems.
A powerful generation solution
See what makes our new 2 MW-Class engines a more competitive answer to your energy needs.
Uncompromising performance to meet your ever-growing demands.In the world of power generation, you face plenty of challenges. If you want to successfully overcome them you need to have the best solution in place. Here’s a look at what our best-in-class solution can deliver.
The best-in-class solution with the best-in-class delivery lead time
- Robust, compact design provides long-lasting performance gains
- Unique high-volume 12-cylinder design delivers the highest displacement for the footprint
- Less maintenance than 16-cylinder engine options
- Innovative combustion technology provides efficient and stable combustion
- Spark-ignited lean-burn units ensure low emissions
- Fast cycle times and implementation — up and running in 24 weeks
- Smallest footprint in the competitive set