Rugged, high-performance, all-in-one industrial panel PCs with brilliant displays
The SIMATIC Panel PC portfolio optimally suited for visualization tasks directly on the machine or in the plant. The all-in-one Panel PC devices integrate an industrial PC and an operator panel. They convince through their robustness, performance, and a brilliant display. Various device families fulfill a wide range of requirements in manufacturing and process automation.
Designed for industryWith our SIMATIC IPCs, you can count on the highest quality. We designed these devices for reliable continuous operation in an industrial environment. To meet our quality standards from the development process to the product itself, we manufacture the mainboards for increased industrial requirements in state-of-the-art plants in Germany.
When it comes to quality, we leave nothing to chance: starting in the development phase, we focus on the quality design of parts to the selection of components. Production in climate-controlled halls with constant temperature and air humidity, special test procedures, and series-accompanying type tests and trials ensure 100% correct functioning and compliance with all technical specifications. The quality of product packaging is especially high and in compliance with strict shipping guidelines to ensure that the product arrives in perfect condition. We not only comply with the requirements of CE and UL approvals but far exceed them. This is demonstrated by regular inspections of field quality.
In this way, we protect your investments. Because the products also conform to our own Siemens standard SN 36350-1 for environmentally sound product design, we also reduce the environmental impact from production to disposal.
SIMATIC IPC277E - Embedded IPC
Based on the IPC227E Box PC, the SIMATIC IPC277E Panel PC provides the highest industry functionality for flexible deployment in harsh conditions – and all this maintenance-free.
The Nanopanel PC SIMATIC IPC277E is a flexible embedded industrial PC with rugged and durable displays. It is based on the Box PC IPC227E technologically and provides the highest industry functionality for flexible deployment in harsh conditions – and all this maintenance-free.
This Panel PC is characterized by modern interfaces and high flexibility in the selection of the display. The power-saving Intel dual and quad core processors provide the best performance for visualization and control tasks.
- High flexibility in the selection of rugged widescreen fronts
- 7"- 19" widescreen displays with high resolution and wide viewing angles
- Fully dimmable displays reduce energy consumption and increase the service life
- Modern multitouch versions in 12“, 15" and 19" for innovative machine operation
- Rugged design for maintenance-free, continuous operation
- Maximum industrial functionality due to IP65 front for optimum dust protection and high electromagnetic compatibility
- Backup of important system data with non-volatile retentive memory (NVRAM, optional)
- Designed for 24/7 continuous operation at up to 50 °C ambient temperature and high vibration/shock requirements
- Maintenance-free operation – no fan, no moving parts
- Battery-free operation possible (with time-of-day synchronization over network)
- Optimized for use for visualization tasks with additional functionality
- High-performance and energy-efficient dual-core and quad-core Intel Celeron processors
- A variety of interfaces and configuration options (USB 3.0, 2 x Gbit Ethernet, RS232/RS485, SSD/CFast)
- Front USB for easy data exchange (15"/ 19" display, Single Touch)
- High investment security for reducing engineering costs
- Long-term availability: Service & support period up to 11 years
- Ideal platform for SIMATIC software controller and/or WinCC RT Advanced
- Easy integration into automation solutions using the TIA Portal and onboard PROFINET interfaces
- Versatile deployment
- Visualization and control tasks, for example in mechanical engineering, plant construction, transportation systems or power transmission
- Acquisition of data, further processing, and visualization as data gateway or for data monitoring
- Machine-level applications that require additional C/C++ programs
- Additional new applications, for example, shipbuilding, building automation, warehousing & logistics
SIMATIC IPC377E - Basic IPC
The SIMATIC IPC 377E Panel PC: an immediately available, economical package comprising a SIMATIC Industrial PC and operator display for industrial applications.
The SIMATIC IPC377E Panel PC provides a preconfigured, turnkey and complete solution comprising a SIMATIC Industrial PC and a brilliant, rugged single-touch display with glass front available with 12, 15 or 19 inch diagonal screen. The Panel PC is especially well suited for all industrial applications, especially for economical implementation of HMI applications, the acquisition and networking of production and energy data in production environments, such as assembly workstations, warehouses and logistics systems, or for standard applications in the image processing field. It is easy to integrate also in existing machines and plant concepts. The SIMATIC IPC377E is available directly from stock in a total of six variants (12"/15"/19", each without operating system or with preinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate / Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016) and at an attractive package with corresponding HMI software.
- Powerful and future-proof thanks to latest PC technology
- Latest Intel Celeron Quad Core processor (N3160, 1.6 GHz)
- Expandable up to 8 GB RAM
- Gigabit Ethernet
- USB 3.0
- mini PCI for easy expansion
- Device design without fan
- Standards for easy integration into existing systems
- VGA Interface
- Up to 4 x COM (RS232/RS485/RS422)
- Up to 4 x USB
- Industry-standard display for fatigue-free work
- Anti-glare glass front, analog-resistive with single-touch operation, scratchproof and resistant to chemicals
- Sharp and high-contrast image representation with uniform brightness for better readability
- Metal surround for protection from damage
- Reliable in industrial environments thanks to SIMATIC quality
- Designed for 24/7 operation
- Run in Test
- Certificates for worldwide use
- Economical package for industrial applications
- Coordinated configuration
- Packages for HMI applications
- Available immediately and over the long term
- Six variants available directly from stock
- Three years of availability plus an additional three years of repair and spare parts service
SIMATIC IPC477E - Embedded IPC
The SIMATIC IPC477E is a fan-free embedded panel PC with powerful 6th generation Intel Core-i processor for complex visualization and control tasks.
The SIMATIC IPC477E is a fan-free embedded panel PC for complex visualization and control tasks with single- and multi-touch display.
It is maintenance-free and can be configured, integrated, and commissioned flexibly and simply. With its rugged metal enclosure, it can withstand even severe mechanical stress.
- Fast data processing for high productivity
- Top performance in the embedded segment with 6th generation Intel Core-i processors
- Scalable with 4 different processors – from Intel Celeron to Intel Xeon
- Latest memory technology with ECC and DDR4 up to 16 GB
- Highly flexible mounting for space-saving installation
- Low mounting depth (ambient temperature up to 50 °C)
- Installation in control cabinets and consoles, 19" cabinets/racks
- High degree of industrial functionality and flexibility for implementing embedded solutions
- Brilliant touch displays as single or multitouch versions in widescreen formats 15", 19" and 22"
- Flexible operating design with installation in landscape or portrait format
- Flexible memory concepts (SSD, CFast, or HDD)
- 3 x LAN 10/100/1000 Mbps connections; teaming-capable
- Onboard PROFINET interface (optional)
- 4 x high-speed USB 3.0 ports at back, 1 x USB 3.0 at front; 2 serial interfaces
- Can be expanded easily through PCIe slot
- On/off switch
- High system availability in order to reduce the risk of potential failures and maintenance costs
- Maintenance-free because of no rotating parts (fans, hard disks) and operation without battery possible
- 512 KB NVRAM for SIMATIC Software Controller in order to back up critical data
- System-tested SIMATIC software
- High investment security in order to reduce engineering costs
- Long-term availability: Service and support period of 8 to 10 years after market launch
- Compatibility with regard to installation and interfaces
SIMATIC IPC477E PRO - Embedded IPC
All-round IP65-protected IPC477E PRO in 15“, 19" and 22"
The rugged aluminum enclosure of the SIMATIC IPC477E PRO (PRO = Protected) makes it possible to use the panel directly on the machine, even under harsh ambient conditions.
The Panel PC has a crystal clear, scratch-resistant and continuous glass front with high chemical resistance. Special features are industry-compliant antireflective coating as well as high image sharpness and brightness for good readability even with a large viewing angle.
The projected capacitive touch (PCT) technology makes for efficient gesture and single-finger operation even with thin work gloves. Screen contents can, for example, be intuitively and quickly moved, zoomed, or supplemented by hidden components.
- Engineering with TIA Portal
- Easy transition from a predecessor to a new device with migration or due to the wide-ranging catalog of HMI devices
- "Ready to work": Fast commissioning and cost savings, no additional enclosures, standard plugs, USB interface installed externally, service door, space-saving design, low installation overhead
- Flexible operating location due to variety of mounting options: outside the enclosure on a support arm or pedestal of reputable manufacturers
- Easy connection and wiring minimized through communication with PROFINET and PROFIsafe
- Individually upgraded by extension units, freedom in the configuration with respect to number and type, variety of operator controls, easy conversion and replacement in case of damage as well as retrofitting of keys
- Long-term availability
- High operating safety thanks to PROFIsafe, two-hand operation and palm detection
- All-round IP65-protected – protection against water and dust
- Always perfectly styled
- Modern product design with sleek housing (low mounting depth), glass front including operator controls and a slim frame
- Easy to use with gestures, single and multi-touch operation even thin work gloves
- Customization by selecting your own designs or styles
Extension Units - Easy way to an individual system
Extension units and operator controls
The combination of basic device, extension unit and mounting adapter impresses due to its:
- Cost-effectiveness in engineering, installation and operation
- Customized system solutions with standard components
- Simple adjustment to individual customer requirements
- Easy mounting and commissioning
- Modern and attractive design
- Security and reliability over many years
Simple adjustment to individual customer requirements
If you have special requirements for operation via emergency stop, selector switch, pushbutton, key switch, signal lamps or radio frequency identification (RFID) readers, you can combine your SIMATIC HMI PRO device with extension units perfectly coordinated to the basic devices.
- The extension units can be freely configured and upgraded, are easy to customize, and provide maximum flexibility
- The operator controls can be arranged as required
- The extension units are available in four different sizes for the 12", 15", 19" and 22" PRO devices
- Three connection options are available per size: direct wiring, PROFINET and PROFISAFE
SIMATIC IPC677D - High-End IPC
The "all-in-one" Panel PC SIMATIC IPC677D with single-touch or multi-touch is distinguished by high performance, openness and expandability.
Equipped with a brilliant and durable full HD Display it combines great processing power with lucid visualization. With an optional RAID configuration the IPC677D meets high demands on system availability for mission critical applications.Two PCI expansion slots offer the flexibility to integrate diverse applications.
With its robust industrial design the Panel PC SIMATIC IPC677D has been designed for use directly at the machine. Due to the scalable performance and great number of possible device variants the IPC677D is suitable for all tasks in the area of PC-based automation even in case of higher requirements concerning the availability of the complete system.
- High performance and extremely fast system response
- Intel® processors (Intel Xeon, Core i3, Celeron)
- Powerful onboard HD graphics integrated into the CPU
- Up to 16 GByte main memory
- Extremely high system availability and data security
- RAID 1 system with onboard RAID controller- Solid-state drive (SSD) with 240 GB (SATA, SLC)
- ECC RAM, work memory with error correction for maximum data integrity and system stability
- Retentive data memory for storing the process data after a voltage drop
- Remote access via Intel AMT 9.0
- Optional PROFIBUS or PROFINET IRT interfaces for cost-effective connection of distributed field devices or to couplings with SIMATIC S7
- High data transmission rates and redundancy thanks to two teaming-capable Gigabit Ethernet connections
- 5 x high-speed USB 3.0 ports, one of which is arranged on the front of the Singletouch versions (the Multitouch versions have 4 x USB 3.0 on one side)
- Energy-efficient Industrial PC
- Low power consumption thanks to the latest mobile technology
- Wake-on-LAN functionality for timed start-up of the IPC over the network, e.g. after a shutdown weekend
Design and functions
The SIMATIC IPC677D comes with a 15", 19" or a 22" full HD single- or multitouch screen in widescreen format for an efficient visualization and operation of the machine. The new multitouch displays are designed with a glass front and offers also IP65 protection like the singletouch front.
For applications without a central display needed, a version without display is available as Box PC SIMATIC IPC627D.
The SIMATIC IPC677D is equipped with powerful processors (Intel Xeon, Core i3, Celeron). Thanks to the use of mobile processors with low power losses, 24-hour/365-daycontinuous operation is also possible at high ambient temperatures without any performance losses.
For application in the food and beverages industry an INOX version with 15'' touch display based on the hardware platform of the SIMATIC IPC677C is available.