Our history in Poland

From the first electric telegraph line to a global technology powerhouse  

Milestones of business development

1853
A telegraph line is built from Warsaw to the Prussian border; a construction office is set up in Warsaw

 

1867
Construction of the Indo-European telegraph line, which crosses Poland, is commenced

 

1879
The Kraft engineering office in Warsaw becomes Siemens & Halske's (S&H) first agent in Poland

 

1896
A Technical Bureau is founded in Warsaw

 

1908
The Warsaw branch becomes the Technical Bureau of Russische Elektrotechnische Werke S&H

 

1912
The stock company "Polnische Elektrotechnische Werke Siemens" (PEW) is founded

 

1919
The Danziger Siemens-Gesellschaft mbH is founded

 

1923
The railway signaling company C. Fiebrandt GmbH, Bromberg, is acquired

 

1929
A contract is signed with the state telephone and radio company in Warsaw for the manufacture of counters

1950–1958
Cooperation agreement is signed between S&H, Siemens-Schuckertwerke (SSW) and the sales agency Pawel Pawlowski, Warsaw

 

1961–1963
An agency agreement is signed between SSW/S&H and the firm Transactor, Warsaw

 

1973
Transactor agency offices are opened to represent Siemens in Warsaw, Gdańsk and Katowice

 

1991
The Polish company Siemens Sp. z o.o. is founded with headquarters in Warsaw

 

2002
The first development center for cordless telephones outside Germany is established in Wroclaw

 

2006
Siemens wins a contract from Mittal Steel Poland for the turnkey construction of one of Europe’s biggest steel rolling mills

 

2006
The Siemens Artistic Prize is established to support Polish graduates from the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts

 

2011
Warsaw’s metro operator, Metro Warszawskie Sp. z o.o., orders 35 Inspiro metro trains with a Siemens-consortium making this the biggest order ever for Siemens in Poland

 

2013
Siemens wins the contract to build a turnkey combined heat and power plant in Gorzow, Poland