Our history in New Zealand

From the first deliveries to a global technology powerhouse­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Milestones of business development

1876

Siemens Brothers constructs a time ball for calibrating the nautical clock station in Port Lyttleton, Christchurch

 

1910

The Waihi Gold Mining Co. orders a total of six three phase generators from Siemens Brothers

 

1923

Gollin & Co., Pty Ltd. becomes the agent for Siemens-Schuckertwerke (SSW) and Siemens & Halske (S&H) in Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch and Dunedin

 

1959

New Zealand Electrical Equipment Ltd. becomes the agent for SSW in Auckland

 

1960

Electronic Navigation Ltd. becomes the agent for S&H in Auckland

 

1968

Siemens supplies three three-phase synchronous generators for the Manapouri hydroelectric power plant

 

1974

Opening of a Siemens Liaison Office in Wellington

 

1987

Siemens Ltd., Auckland, is founded, which is a sub-office of Siemens Melbourne but a separate legal entity

1997

Siemens KWU receives a major order to build the Otahuhu combined cycle power plant

 

1997

Siemens wins a bid to extend the national broad band network

 

2001

By founding Siemens Energy Services (SES) Siemens takes over the complete maintenance of the power grid on the Northern Island of New Zealand

 

2004

Siemens becomes the number one supplier of computed tomography equipment in New Zealand

 

2007

Meridian Energy Ltd., New Zealand’s biggest power utility, orders 62 Siemens wind turbines for the West Wind Project near Wellington (completed in 2009)

 

2009

Siemens receives an order from Wellington-based Transpower New Zealand Limited, to modernize and increase the capacity of the existing HVDC-link between the country’s North and South Island

 

2012

After the West Wind and Te Uku (2010) wind projects, Siemens wins order to supply and erect wind turbines for Mill Creek wind farm, north of Wellington