Thank you for joining us in Milan!Enlit, formerly known as European Utility Week and POWERGEN Europe, took place in Milan, Italy. Starting on November 30, leading energy experts gathered to discuss how to accelerate the energy transition.
Accelerate the energy transition
The challenges and opportunities of energy systems require a new smart, more adaptive grid infrastructure. Operating power grids today is a complex task: Volatile power generation and multidirectional power flows from distributed, increasingly renewable sources and prosumers call for a smarter approach. With digital solutions that connect the physical and digital worlds, we are integrating intelligence into the energy value chain, in systems and operations.
Find out how you can boost the energy transition along three core topics:
Grid stability and resilience
The reliability of power supply is more important than ever - at all voltage levels, from the grid infeed all the way to the consumer. Above all, the management of a growing number of prosumers brings new challenges. More and more households, buildings and industries are feeding electricity into the distribution system. IT-supported solutions create the necessary transparency for active load management and make it easier to balance the grid. Our solutions help ensure grid stability and create highly resilient power systems that recover immediately from disruptive events and adapt to impending threats and hazards.
- Reliable, efficient and future-proof power supply concepts
- Solutions that meet both technical as well as economical targets
- Compliance with regulation and latest industry standards
- Reduced downtimes
- Significant increase of availability, efficiency and sustainability of the entire power system as well as improved safety for service personnel
Spectrum Power™ Advanced Distribution Management (ADMS)
Sustainability needs intelligence. Spectrum Power™ ADMS is built on a modular approach with applications servicing all voltage levels from HV down to LV.
- Integrated DER management: monitoring, forecasting, optimization and control for the secure integration of distributed generation
- Integrated Outage Management/ Prediction from SCADA events, smart meters & customer calls
- Seamless IT integration and easy extension for regulatory changes
- In-depth situation awareness with 2D/3D visualization
- Increasing network efficiency and reliability of supply
- Reducing grid load at peak times and increasing asset utilization
- Reducing fault location and service interruption time
SIPROTEC Function Point Manager
The energy sector requires for flexible, efficient and cost saving solutions. SIPROTEC Function Point Manager is a cloud-based application which enables SIPROTEC customers to centrally manage their function point budgets and assign function points to SIPROTEC 5 and SIPROTEC 5 Compact devices in order to extend their software functionality.
- Independent – SIPROTEC function point budget usable for all SIPROTEC 5 device types
- Fast – Add and activate functionality quickly and easily using ad-hoc generated license files (DAF)
- Flexibility – Specify SIPROTEC 5 and SIPROTEC 5 Compact functions late in the engineering process
- Free cash – Order now, pay later: Function points will be invoiced only when you download license files
- Reduced capital employed – Order and stock SIPROTEC universal protection relays devices independently from functions
Distribution system operators and municipal utilities are under considerable cost pressure. They need solutions that increase efficiency and save costs at the same time in order to improve investments and operating costs. Consistent use of the possibilities offered by digitalization and the Internet of Things over the entire life cycle, from planning to maintenance, can sustainably reduce this pressure. System operation becomes more efficient, processes become significantly more efficient, and new value streams and business models can emerge.
Transparency increases efficiency
Energy markets are becoming increasingly complex and require intelligent solutions and actions. The IoT applications of the Grid Diagnostic Suite help grid operators to manage the increasing complexity of their power grids. The collected data from the installed field devices is stored and analyzed in the central cloud. Users can easily consolidate, visualize and evaluate the data with the applications:
- SIPROTEC Dashboard - Monitors status of protection relays
- SICAM Navigator - Monitors the operational status of transformer stations (cable network)
- SICAM Localizer - Monitors overhead lines
- PQ Advisor Premium – Monitors PQ characteristics of grids
- Fast monitoring of energy automation system status
- Increases cost efficiency and availability of smart grids
- Enables predictive maintenance and increases service quality
8DJH 24 & NXPLUS C 24 – blue GIS switchgear
In power distribution, sustainability and digitalization plays an important part. The environmentally friendly, future-proof blue GIS portfolio uses Clean Air – consisting of natural components of the ambient air – as insulating medium, and switching is based on the proven Siemens vacuum technology. It also includes the latest automation functions, sensors, and communication features to meet future digitalization demands.
- Climate-neutral Clean Air insualtion - free of fluorinated gases and chemical additives.
- Switching principle based on proven and reliable vacuum technology.
- All known GIS benefits enhanced with intelligent and digital solutions.
Integration and management of distributed energy resources
The number of distributed generation systems, energy market players, and electric vehicles continues to grow – making it ever more complex to successfully manage the energy landscape. All these developments are also putting a burden on the grids. IT-assisted diagnostics and data management, intelligent processes, and smart assets help maintain grid stability despite large fluctuations in generation and load volumes through automated, adaptive processes.
Charging the evolution of eMobility
We are on the cusp of a transformation in mobility. The growth in electric vehicles, charging infrastructure and energy management is reshaping the way vehicles are powered and how people and goods are moved.
- eMobility will be intelligently integrated into the grid, making use of energy from local and renewable sources.
- Infrastructure will be integrated into environments, charging points will be readily available and easily accessible.
- Charging will be fast – so that people’s lives and journeys are not delayed.
We are offering state-of-the-art solutions that go beyond the initial charging station. Our vision encompasses your complete system, your eMobility world.
Sustainable energy transition
The amount of DERs is growing sevenfold from 2020-2030. A massive growth of renewable energy generation meets an increase of unpredictable loads, e.g. eMobility. Grid Edge software helps you to manage your DERs with DEOP and to set up an e-charging infrastructure with E-Car OC.
- Transparency and Monitoring of DER
- Cost optimization: Easy reporting of KPIs
- Revenue generation: participation in energy markets
- Enables you to set up your own VPP
- Scalable, open, and adaptable
- Maximized cashflow
- Load management