We’re on the lookout for the next generation of enquiring minds who want to help us create what’s next. Our Future Minds Student Program gives you the opportunity to work with like-minded people on challenging Siemens projects, learning valuable skills and making interesting contacts along the way. If you’re curious about the future and want to develop yourself both personally and professionally, join us on our Future Minds Student Program Germany.
The Future Minds program is designed to complement your studies and is made up of virtual project work and coaching sessions. You’ll have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills and gain exciting insights into our company by working closely with experienced Siemens professionals.
You’ll get the chance to tackle real-world issues, exchange ideas and opinions with other program members, and build your own network by getting in touch with Siemens employees.
If you apply for the program without Siemens experience, we expect you to take on an internship within the company in the first year of your membership. After that, your supervisor can become your mentor, who’ll advise you, give feedback, and help you build a successful career with us.
● A completely new way of learning: real-world challenges, combining theory with practical experience.
● A new network: you’ll work with virtual project teams with students from all over Germany and develop important skills like teamwork and project management.
● Professional coaching: our coaches will advise and support you with virtual sessions and training modules, accompanied by continuous feedback.
● Support for your future: we’ll support you in your graduate application for a career at Siemens – in Germany or abroad.
● Be studying a technical Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
● Be enrolled at a German university for the duration of your studies and have at least one year left to graduate.
● Demonstrate above-average academic achievements.
● Have gained international or intercultural experience, either through a semester abroad or because you’ve lived or worked abroad for some time.
● Speak German and English fluently.
● Have gained practical experience through training, an internship or a course-related activity.
There are two ways you can join our program:
If you are currently working at Siemens, your supervisor can nominate you at any point throughout the year.
If you aren’t part of the Siemens team yet, you can apply throughout the year. You’ll need to apply online in German and submit your CV, certificates and current grades too. Please include a one-page letter of motivation (with a photo of something you associate with Siemens and an explanation of what you love about it). Impress us here and you’ll be invited to our multi-stage selection process.
● Applications for a program start in October are open from 1 February to 31 July.
● Applications for a program start in April are open from 1 August to 31 January.
If you’re interested in an internship, a working student job or a thesis, take a look at our current opportunitiesaround the world.
You can read our full Terms & Conditions here.
Help us create the world of tomorrow, today.
The Future Minds Student Program Germany gives you the chance to gain skills, qualifications and industry experience to help you prepare for a career with us.
You’ll work with professional coaches and interact with business partners to help you make contacts and expand your network. By working on projects with other students, you’ll also learn essential skills like project management and teamwork.
This flexible program involves a mixture of training modules, assignments and working closely with mentors. Your mentor will offer guidance and feedback throughout the program and advise you on the next steps to moving into a role at Siemens.
Applicants should meet the following criteria;
● Currently studying towards an MA.
● A background in technical studies, industrial engineering or computer sciences.
● Currently enrolled at a German University or University of applied science, with at least one year left until graduation.
● An outstanding academic record
● Experience of studying, working or living abroad.
● Fluent in English and German.
● Significant practical experience in a relevant discipline through an apprenticeship, internship or a student job.
Future Minds Student Program is currently only running in Germany. The program will be rolled out across internationally soon. Until then, check which student programs are available in other locations on our Search Careers page.
You’ll spend around 4 days on site as well as communicating with other program members virtually. If you choose to take part in training and other events you may be required to spend more time attending these. But always keep in mind, that increased engagement will benefit you in the long run once you finish your studies.
The existing TOPAZ, YOLANTE and SMP student programs are still running, but are now closed for new intakes. If you are already enrolled in one of these programs, you will still be supported and be able to attend trainings and events, have practical assignments at Siemens and receive mentorship until the end of your program.
If you are a TOPAZ, YOLANTE or SMP program student who applies and is accepted into the Future Minds Student Program, your current program membership will end. It’s currently not possible to be a member of both programs at the same time.
It looks like you are using a browser that is not fully supported. Please note that there might be constraints on site display and usability. For the best experience we suggest that you download the newest version of a supported browser: