The project aims at initiating Collective Action between foreign and local businesses in order to support fair market conditions. The Integrity Initiative will encourage companies to commit to having no tolerance for corruption, and to sustainable development.
The specific objectives are to:
- Identify key concerns of the private sector that affect integrity and transparency in business transactions;
- Develop a unified "Business Code of Conduct" as a standard for local and foreign business entities;
- Create an "Industry Integrity Pact" that provides control measures to ensure transparency and integrity in business transactions;
- Develop products to set up integrity practices as basis for an audit and certification program for participating companies; and
- Institutionalize the whole process to promote sustainability of the Integrity Initiative.
Description of Integrity Partner
The Makati Business Club is a private non-stock, non-profit business association organized as a Forum for Constructive Ideas. The main thrust of the MBC is to foster and promote the role of the business sector in national development efforts, both in the planning and the implementation of policies. It is committed to addressing national economic and social issues that affect the development of the Philippines.
Founded in 1981, the MBC is composed of senior business executives representing the largest and most dynamic corporations in the Philippines. It has become the leading private forum for meetings that bring together business, government, and community leaders in the country. The MBC carries out its objectives through four main lines of activity: policy advocacy, information services and publishing, investment promotion, and corporate citizenship.
This project is supported by Siemens as part of the Siemens Integrity Initiative.
Source: Project profile provided by the Integrity Partner as at date of funding agreement. For updates kindly refer to the latest Siemens Integrity Initiative Annual Report.