The key objective is to enhance integrity standards and transparency in awarding of contracts with significant public interest, through policy change in Bulgaria.
- Analysis of legal framework and adaptation of the concept of Integrity Pacts (IP) in Bulgaria
- Promotion of the IP concept, organization of working meetings and public discussions with both private sector and public administration representatives; publication of articles and expert positions in the media; advocacy to civil society and private sector; set-up of a monitoring coalition
- Pilot implementation of the IP tool: training of civil servants in the implementation of IPs’ in public contracting; test of the IP tool in selected tenders; monitoring and assessment of impact of IPs’ on the contracting process; recommendations for improvements
- Create a Public Contracting Transparency and Integrity Indicators (PCTII) tool that builds upon the outcomes of the implementation of the pilot IP’s and publication of a PCTII manual
- Promotion of PCTII tool and use for training representatives of the private sector, civil society and media
Description of Integrity Partner
Since its foundation, Transparency International - Bulgaria has gained substantial visibility in Bulgaria, and has established the necessary links with the general public and gained its reputation as an organization of integrity and stability. TI-Bulgaria has assumed a substantial presence in the country’s public space. It has created a network of experts and volunteers and has implemented several successful monitoring initiatives, which has given it a place among the 10 most active and viable civil society organizations.
Transparency International - Bulgaria
This project is supported by Siemens as part of the Siemens Integrity Initiative.
Source: Project profile provided by the Integrity Partner as at date of funding agreement. For updates kindly refer to the latest Siemens Integrity Initiative Annual Report.