The aim of the project is to influence the behavior of business leaders, government representatives and students across the Gulf Region through education and incentivization, and by building a local community that is sharing good integrity practices, leading the way in the implementation of better standards, and actively encouraging others to do so.
To facilitate higher levels of integrity and transparency in businesses in the Gulf Region, the project is developing practical tools to help companies, and particularly first-time adopters of such higher levels of integrity and transparency, to implement better practices.
The project has three key objectives:
- Develop a GCC Integrity Measure and publish it widely to provide businesses with a tool to measure integrity and thereby foster integrity and transparency within businesses in the region.
- Facilitate the creation of a Collective Action community, and enhance dialogue between the business community, civil society and government, highlighting the business benefits to align interests and incentives in implementing higher standards.
- Reach out to future business leaders by encouraging universities in the region to include practical experience of integrity practices in their curricula and by actively engaging students with activities such as projects and case study competitions.
Description of Integrity Partner
The Pearl Initiative is the leading, independent, not-for-profit, by-business for-business organization working across the Gulf Region of the Middle East to improve corporate accountability, governance and transparency.
The Pearl Initiative, with its growing network of Partner Companies, is committed to positively influencing the entire regional business and student community towards implementing higher standards in corporate governance, anti-corruption, ethical business, leadership, gender diversity and reporting.
Founded in 2010, the Pearl Initiative carries out its objectives through:
- Regional Insights, Case Studies and Research-based Reports
- Task Force Initiatives and Interactive Roundtable Forums
- University Collaborations to enhance the capabilities of future business leaders
This project is supported by Siemens as part of the Siemens Integrity Initiative.
Source: Project profile provided by the Integrity Partner as at date of funding agreement. For updates kindly refer to the latest Siemens Integrity Initiative Annual Report.