TIA Portal Modules | from V13
The way to safe machinery (learning module)
The learning module "The way to safe machinery" gives you a summary of important aspects of industrial safety and the legal situation. Teachers can use this module in class and work through it with their students within 60 minutes. In doing so, you can immediately test their knowledge by quizzes on the individual chapters. In addition, they can also pass on the link to let your students work through the module independently, e.g. in distance learning.
The learning/training documents on TIA Portal have a modular structure and cover the following topics:
• Introduction into the SIMATIC PLC safety concept in TIA Portal
• Basics of PLC programming
• Example configuration of automation system with fail-safe CPU
• Bus profile PROFIsafe with PROFINET IO
• Decentralized periphery connection
• Interface settings and reset for F-CPU and IO system
• Example application
They are designed for the SIMATIC controllers S7-1500 und ET 200SP.
In this module, the reader will learn how to commission a safety-related application on PROFINET (PROFIsafe). The module uses the CPU 1516F-3 PN/DP on PROFINET as IO controller with an ET 200SP as IO device to monitor the safety door on a sorting station. It also implements an EMERGENCY STOP using the ET 200S. The module shows the basic procedure using a simple example.