Privacy Note for Augmented Operation Manual
Last update: Sept 9th, 2020
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to SIEMENS AG, SI DS DIG, Mozartstr. 31 C, Erlangen 91052 (“Siemens”).
Therefore Siemens operates Augmented Operation Manual (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
When visiting and using the App, the following personal data about you is processed with the respective purpose:
- Name: For usage of feedback, reporting issue, enquiries, usage statistics on the operations in the App
- E-mail ID: For account registration, login, forgot password functionality, usage of report issue, enquiries, usage statistics on the operations in the app, sharing with customer support team for certain operations
- Password: For authentication of the user
- Country Name: For app usage statistics across countries
- Device ID: For authenticating the user and for restricting only one device per user email id.
When visiting and using the App, the following information of the device is processed for Crash Report Analysis and checking the total number of App downloads: Model, Type, OS Version and Platform, Graphic, Processor Type, Software License Type and Version
We only process your personal data if we are permitted by applicable law to do so. In particular, if you are based in the European Economic Area, the legal basis for Siemens processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- Siemens exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Generally the legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient operation, management and support of the App, but we may disclose other legitimate interests for specific uses.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for Siemens processing that personal data is that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
The use of certain functions of the app may require you to provide certain App permissions.
App permissions allow the App to access information stored on your device.
The App may ask you to grant the following permissions for respective purposes:
Access to the device's camera: for using the App in augmented reality mode and to send pictures for reporting issues
Access to device’s File Manager And Picture Gallery: to upload photos for accessing certain features within the App.
You may manage the use of App permissions in the section “settings” of your operating system. Please note that the use of certain functions of the App may not or no longer be possible if you do nor grant or deactivate the respective App permission.
The App does not make use of push notification services
The App does not collect and process information about the user’s location
This Privacy Notice applies only to this App, and not to websites or applications offered and operated by third parties. We may provide links to other websites or applications (such as Google Maps or YouTube) which may be of interest to you. Any link to an external website or application is marked as such. Siemens is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites or applications.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above Siemens may transfer or disclose your personal data to:
- Courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
If you are located within European Economic Area, please be aware that sometimes the recipients to whom Siemens transfers or discloses your personal data are located in countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country.
In such cases and if required by applicable law, Siemens takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of your personal data. In particular:
- We share your personal data with Siemens companies in such countries only if they have implemented the Siemens Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the Siemens BCR can be found here.
- We transfer personal data to external recipients in such countries only if the recipient has (i) entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Siemens, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization. You may request further information about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary (i) for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or (ii) to comply with legal obligations.
Your rights The data protection law applicable to Siemens when processing your personal data may entitle you to specific rights in relation to your personal data. You can find out more about those rights by contacting email@example.com.
In particular and subject to the respective statutory requirements, if you are located in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Do Not Track
At this time our Internet sites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, use, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Siemens uses reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures. Unfortunately, there is no complete assurance of security in transit or storage to any information that you transmit, no complete assurance that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational measures.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including Augmented Operation Manual App here: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/general/legal/app-privacy-notices.html
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.