Privacy Note for Controlguide Foresight
Last update: Jan 25th, 2021
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens Mobility Ltd. (“Siemens”). Therefore Siemens operates the application “Controlguide Foresight” (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
When visiting and using the App, Siemens processes the following personal data about you:
- Personal data that you actively provide to us within the App. i.e. information that you actively enter when registering for the app or creating a user account
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP-address or other device identifier, device type, browser type (if applicable), referring site, sites accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
- In addition, location data is also processed in order to display the location of the user on a map and to direct him to the fault location as quickly as possible. This functionality can be deactivated at any time, as it is only intended as an additional service.
- In addition, location data would only be collected if specific functionalities of the app are activated (no permanent processing of location data). In order to offer this specific functionality, the following data categories are processed by an open source map called “OpenStreetMap” (in case, this functionality is activated): information about browser or application and the interaction with the website of OpenStreetMap, including (a) IP address, (b) browser and device type, (c) operating system, (d) referring web page, (e) the date and time of page visits, and (f) the pages accessed on the websites of OpenStreetMap.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To offer the app’s services and functions and to administer your use of the App.
- To verify your identity.
- In order to be able to offer you certain functionalities within the app (location of defective systems and signpost function; documentation of defective parts using a camera function).
We only process your personal data if we are permitted by applicable law to do so. In particular, if you are based in the European Economic Area, the legal basis for Siemens processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- Siemens exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and
- legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Generally the legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient operation, management and support of the App, but we may disclose other legitimate interests for specific uses.
Certain functionalities have to be activated when installing the app, otherwise they cannot be made available to you. These additional functionalities can be deactivated at any time without affecting the basic functionality.
For the sake of completeness, we would like to point out to users in the United Kingdom that our app complies with the data protection standards of the GDPR, which has been in effect locally as the so-called "UK GDPR" since January 2021.
The activation of push notification services allows Siemens to provide you with the following information: Information on the current status, in particular diagnostic information such as newly added alarm messages or alarm status cleared.
In the course of using this function and after activation of the push-notification permission, a connection with the push notification service of your operating system provider is established and your device receives notifications over this connection. For this purpose information on your device identifier is transferred to your operating system provider.
The use of certain functions of the app may require you to provide certain App permissions. App permissions allow the App to access information stored on your device.
The App may ask you to grant the following permissions for the following purposes: Location data in order to be able to provide you with the map functionality and to activate the smartphone camera so that you can save and process photos in the application.
You may manage the use of App permissions in the section “settings” of your operating system. Please note that the use of those functions of the App may not or no longer be possible if you do nor grant or deactivate the respective App permission.
This Privacy Notice applies only to this App, and not to websites or applications offered and operated by third parties. We may provide links to other websites or applications (such as Google Maps or YouTube) which may be of interest to you. Any link to an external website or application is marked as such. Siemens is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites or applications.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above Siemens may transfer or disclose your personal data to:
- Courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
- an OpenSource Software called “OpenStreetMap”, in order to provide a mapping functionality. The following data categories are forwarded to this service provider (only if the functionality has been activated): information about the browser or application and the interaction with the website of OpenStreetMap, including (a) IP address, (b) browser and device type, (c) operating system, (d) referring web page, (e) the date and time of page visits, and (f) the pages accessed on the websites of OpenStreetMap. Additional information on OpenStreetMap can be found here: https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Privacy_Policy.
If you are located within European Economic Area, please be aware that sometimes the recipients to whom Siemens transfers or discloses your personal data are located in countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country.
In such cases and if required by applicable law, Siemens takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of your personal data. In particular:
We share your personal data with Siemens companies in such countries only if they have implemented the Siemens Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the Siemens BCR can be found here.
We transfer personal data to external recipients in such countries only if the recipient has
- entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Siemens,
- implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization. You may request further information about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting email@example.com.
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary
- for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or
- to comply with legal obligations .
The data protection law applicable to Siemens when processing your personal data may entitle you to specific rights in relation to your personal data. You can find out more about those rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In particular and subject to the respective statutory requirements, if you are located in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Do Not Track
At this time our Internet sites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
This Application is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We will not knowingly collect personal data via this Application from children under the age of thirteen without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent, pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, use, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Siemens uses reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures. Unfortunately, there is no complete assurance of security in transit or storage to any information that you transmit, no complete assurance that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational measures.
For US Residents only
There are special notices that may need to be given to, and rights that may be available to, residents of certain US states. Please click here for those notices.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including Controlguide Foresight App here: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/general/legal/app-privacy-notices.html
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.