Privacy Note for EASY Spares IDEA
Last update: Feb 21st,2021
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens Mobility GmbH, OttoHahn-Ring 6, 81739 MünchenPerlach (“Siemens”). Therefore, Siemens operates EasySpares IDea (“App”) in compliance with a pplicable laws on data protection and data security.
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
When visiting and using the App, Siemens processes the following personal data about you:
- Personal data that you actively provide to us within the App. i.e. information that you actively enter whe n registering for the app or creating a user account or when using contact and other forms offered within the App (for example, in order to contact Siemens with your enquiries and questions).
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP-address or other device identifier, device type, browser type (if applicable), referring site, sites accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To offer the app’s services and functions and to administer your use of the App.
- To verify your identity.
- To answer and fulfill your specific requests.
We only process your personal data if we are permitted by applicable law to do so. In particular, if you ar e based in the European Economic Area, the legal basis for Siemens processing data about you is that s uch processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- Siemens exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make wit h you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- Compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/o r
- Legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Generally, the legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the e fficient operation, management and support of the App, but we may disclose other legitimate interests for specific uses.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the l egal basis for Siemens processing that personal data is that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) Gener al Data Protection Regulation).
The use of certain functions of the app may require you to provide certain App permissions. App permiss ions allow the App to access information stored on your device. The App may ask you to grant the following permissions:
- Access to the device's camera The permissions are required for the following purposes:
- Spare part recognition service using photos or barcode
You may manage the use of App permissions in the section “settings” of your operating system. Please note that the use of certain functions of the App may not or no longer be possible if you do nor grant or d eactivate the respective App permission.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above Siemens may transfer or disclose your personal data to:
- Courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary, to comply with the law or for t he establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instru ctions of Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
If you are located within European Economic Area, please be aware that sometimes the recipients to wh om Siemens transfers or discloses your personal data are located in countries in which applicable laws d o not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country.
In such cases and if required by applicable law, Siemens takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of your personal data. In particular:
- We share your personal data with Siemens companies in such countries only if they have implemented the Siemens Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the Siemens BCR can be found here.
- We transfer personal data to external recipients in such countries only if the recipient has (i) entered int o EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Siemens, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organi zation. You may request further information about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific tran sfers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form complete d by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary (i) for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or (ii) to comply with legal obligations.
The data protection law applicable to Siemens when processing your personal data may entitle you to sp ecific rights in relation to your personal data. You can find out more about those rights by contacting email@example.com.
In particular and subject to the respective statutory requirements, if you are located in the European Eco nomic Area, you are entitled to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being proces sed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data.
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data.
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comm ents, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests o r complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Legal and Compliance **© Siemens Mobility GmbH 2021. All rights reserved**
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including EASY Spares IDEA App
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.