Privacy Note for LOGO App
Last update: May, 2018
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens. Therefore, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Werner-von-Siemens-Straße 1, 80333 Munich, Germany (“Siemens”) operates LOGO! mobile application (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
In the following, we provide information on the categories of personal data we collect and process via the App and the purposes of the collection and processing.
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
In order to provide you with the App’s functions and services (e.g. in order to allow you to access certain portion of the app, remember language settings and the like) we may collect, process and use certain usage data and identifiers, such as Your IP-address.
Recipients of your personal data
In connection with the operation of the App and the services provided by way of the App, Siemens commissions service providers such IT service providers. These service providers only act upon instructions by Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
The legal basis for Siemens processing personal data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- performing any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation). The legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient operation, management and support of the App.
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary (i) for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or (ii) to comply with legal obligations (such as retention obligations under tax or commercial laws).
Under applicable data protection law you may have the right to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data.
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data.
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comm ents, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
A list and contact details of local data protection authorities is available here.
Do Not Track
At this time our Internet sites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
This Application is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We will not knowingly collect personal data via this Application from children under the age of thirteen without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent, pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, use, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Siemens uses reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures. Unfortunately, there is no complete assurance of security in transit or storage to any information that you transmit, no complete assurance that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational measures.
For US Residents only
There are special notices that may need to be given to, and rights that may be available to, residents of certain US states. Please click here for those notices.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including LOGO App
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.