Privacy Note for Siemens Events App
Last update: March 18th, 2020
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens. Therefore, the Siemens company mentioned in the imprint section of this App (“Siemens”) operates the Siemens Events (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
When visiting and using the App, Siemens processes the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide when registering for the app or creating a user account (such as your full name, email-address, your username, the company you work for, city and country, link to your social media profile);
- Pictures uploaded by you within the App;
- Information on events visited by you;
- Further used generated content (such as notes taken and stored by you, results of votes you participated in, content of chats and postings);
- Information on your interaction with the App, including your device and user identifier, sites and services accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To offer the App’s services and functions and to administer your use of the App;
- To answer and fulfill your specific requests; and
We only process your personal data if we are permitted by applicable law to do so. In particular, if you are based in the European Economic Area, the legal basis for Siemens processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- (i) Siemens exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- (ii) compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- (iii) legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Generally the legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient operation, management and support of the App, but we may disclose other legitimate interests for specific uses.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for Siemens processing that personal data is that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
Feedback and polls
The App contains functions where you can provide us with your feedback and participate in live polls while attending your event. Unless indicated explicitly otherwise before you provide any feedback, Siemens will have no access to information identifying you, your input will be provided to Siemens on aggregated basis only.
The activation of push notification services allows Siemens to provide you with the following information: Fault messages when controllers go faulty. In the course of using this function and after activation of the push-notification permission, a connection with the push notification service of your operating system provider is established and your device receives notifications over this connection. For this purpose information on your device identifier is transferred to your operating system provider.
The use of certain functions of the App may require you to provide certain App permissions. App permissions allow the App to access information stored on your device.
- Contacts/Calendar Access: This permission allows access to your contacts/calendar to export items. This function shall serve to align your event schedule with the calendar on your device.
- Photo/Camera Access: At some events you may be able to post event related photos. In this case you may allow access to your photo library to post photos to the App.
You may manage the use of App permissions in the section “settings” of your operating system. Please note that the use of certain functions of the App may no longer be possible if you deactivate the respective App permission.
Links to other websites
Recipients of your personal data
In connection with the operation of the App and the services provided by way of the App, Siemens commissions service providers such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers. These service providers only act upon instructions by Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
If you are located within European Economic Area, please be aware that sometimes the recipients to whom Siemens transfers or discloses your personal data are located in countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country.
In such cases and if required by applicable law, Siemens takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of your personal data. In particular:
- We share your personal data with Siemens companies in such countries only if they have implemented the Siemens Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the Siemens BCR can be found here.
- We transfer personal data to external recipients in third countries only if the recipient has (i) entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Siemens, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization or (iii) – in case of US recipients – the recipient is certified under the Privacy Shield. You may request further information about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting email@example.com.
Any event related information is deleted three months after the event. Your profile information is deleted 24 months after your last log-in into your account.
The data protection law applicable to Siemens when processing your personal data may entitle you to specific rights in relation to your personal data. You can find out more about those rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In particular and subject to the respective statutory requirements, if you are located in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data.
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data.
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comm ents, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Further Information for US Residents
Do Not Track
At this time our Internet sites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
For more information on “Do Not Track”, please visit your browser’s support page.
Usage by Children
This Application is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We will not knowingly collect personal data via this Application from children under the age of thirteen without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent, pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
Depending on the US state in which you reside, you may have special rights with respect to your personal data. For information regarding any of those rights, please click here.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including Siemens Events App
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.