Privacy Note for Site Companion App
Last update: Aug, 1st 2020
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens Gas & Power GmbH & Co. KG , Munich, Germany (“Siemens Energy”). Therefore, Siemens Energy operates Site Companion (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
When visiting and using the App, Siemens Energy processes the following personal data about you:
- Personal data that you actively provide to us within the App. i.e. information that you actively enter when registering for the app or creating a user account or when using contact and other forms offered within the App (for example, in order to contact Siemens with your enquiries and questions).
Through our Web sites and mobile applications, Siemens will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by registration, survey), respectively, provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To offer the app’s services and functions and to administer your use of the App.
We only process your personal data if we are permitted by applicable law to do so. In particular, if you are based in the European Economic Area, the legal basis for Siemens Energy processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- (i) Siemens Energy exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- (ii) compliance with Siemens Energy’s legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- (iii) legitimate interests pursued by Siemens Energy (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Generally, the legitimate interest pursued by Siemens Energy in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient operation, management and support of the App, but we may disclose other legitimate interests for specific uses.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for Siemens Energy processing that personal data is that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
The use of certain functions of the app may require you to provide certain App permissions. App permissions allow the App to access information stored on your device.
The App may ask you to grant the following permissions: Access to the device's camera, location and storage.
The permissions are required for the following purposes: To add geographical data to the pictures taken with the app.
You may manage the use of App permissions in the section “settings” of your operating system. Please note that the use of certain functions of the App may not or no longer be possible if you do nor grant or deactivate the respective App permission.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above Siemens Energy may transfer or disclose your personal data to:
- Siemens Technology and Services Private Ltd. India
- Courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of Siemens Energy and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
If you are located within European Economic Area, please be aware that sometimes the recipients to whom Siemens transfers or discloses your personal data are located in countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country. In such cases and if required by applicable law, Siemens Energy takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of your personal data. In particular:
- We share your personal data with Siemens companies in such countries only if they have implemented the Siemens Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the Siemens BCR can be found here.
- We transfer personal data to external recipients in such countries only if the recipient has (i) entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Siemens, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization or (iii) – in case of US recipients – the recipient is certified under the Privacy Shield. You may request further information about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting email@example.com.
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary (i) for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or (ii) to comply with legal obligations.
The data protection law applicable to Siemens Energy when processing your personal data may entitle you to specific rights in relation to your personal data. You can find out more about those rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
In particular and subject to the respective statutory requirements, if you are located in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to:
- Obtain from Siemens Energy confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens Energy the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from Siemens Energy the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens Energy restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Energy Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The Siemens Energy Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The Siemens Energy Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Energy Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Do Not Track
At this time our Internet sites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
This Application is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We will not knowingly collect personal data from children without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child. The definition of "child" or "children" should take into account applicable laws as well as national and regional cultural customs.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, use, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Siemens Energy uses reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures. Unfortunately, there is no complete assurance of security in transit or storage to any information that you transmit, no complete assurance that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational measures.
For US Residents only
There are special notices that may need to be given to, and rights that may be available to, residents of certain US states. Please click here for those notices.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including Site Companion App
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.