Privacy Note for SITRANS mobile IQ App
Last update: July 19th, 2022
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens AG, Werner-vonSiemens-Straße 1, 80333 München, Germany (“Siemens”). Therefore, Siemens operates the SITRANS mobile IQ (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
When downloading, installing, and using the App, Siemens processes the following personal data about you:
- Location Data: Precise Location, meaning information which describes the location of a user or device with the same or grater resolution as a latitude and longitude with three or more decimal places.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
First purpose: activation of Bluetooth®
- The App requires that Bluetooth® on your device is enabled and that the App can via Bluetooth® connect to instrument(s) in range, e.g., SITRANS LR1xx, SITRANS AW050 Bluetooth® adapter connected to a SITRANS PS100 or SITRANS LU240, etc.
- The App uses the Bluetooth® connectivity to download technical data from connected instrument(s) to the app installed on your device (e.g., serial number for identification of the connected instrument, parameter, settings, echo profiles, etc.) and allows you to save this data in the internal storage of your device. If you were using the cloning function of the App – technical data like e.g. settings can be uploaded via Bluetooth® from the App to instrument(s) connected to your device.
- Even when the App is closed, Bluetooth® interface of your device usually will remain active. With activated Bluetooth®, your device is potentially visible to third parties, which hereby might determine the location of your device precisely.
Second purpose: support of onboarding devices to SIWA Blockage Predictor
- The App supports the onboarding of instruments to the SIEMENS MindSphere-App SIWA Blockage Predictor (https://new.siemens.com/global/en/markets/water.html) as follows: while being connected to an instrument e.g. for commissioning purposes, the user of the App can choose to export to MindSphere SIWA blockage predictor:
i. all available information of that individual instrument, including e.g. serial number, tag name, settings, etc.
ii. the geo location as provided from the mobile device.
When initiating the export, the internet browser and connectivity of the mobile device are being used to call MindSphere App SIWA blockage predictor. As prerequisite, the user must be registered on MindSphere and must enter his MindSphere credentials first before the export to that MindSphere site will take place. The data transmission is encrypted (https). The MindSphere Platform Data Privacy Notice can be found here.
If this export functionality is not being used, no data will be transferred.
The MindSphere Platform Data Privacy Notice can be found here.
This Privacy Notice applies only to this App, and not to websites or applications offered and operated by third parties. We may provide links to other websites or applications (such as Google Maps or YouTube) which may be of interest to you. Any link to an external website or application is marked as such. Siemens is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites or applications.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
The App runs and operates on your device and may be connected to your instruments as described above. The App does not share any personal data with Siemens.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns, or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including SITRANS mobile IQ App
In addition, this privacy notice is available via the SIEMENS industry online support site (SIOS) https://www.siemens.com/siossitransmobileiq
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.