Privacy Note for Smart Check App
Last update: December, 2019
Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Wittelsbacherplatz 2, D-80333 Munich, Germany (“Siemens“) respects your privacy in handling personal data relating to the use of the Siemens Smart Check App. This Privacy Notice covers how Siemens collects, processes, discloses and transfers your personal data and describes your related rights
Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing and legal basis
Siemens may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- E-Mail address; answers on test questions associated to training sessions;
- Your password (encrypted);
- IP address;
- User-specific login token
Siemens may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to login
- to administer events and training sessions
- to create a test certificate
The legal basis for Siemens processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- Siemens exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Generally the legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient performance or management of your use of our services and offerings.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for Siemens processing that personal data is that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to websites or applications offered and operated by third parties. We may provide links to other websites or applications which may be of interest to you. Any link to an external website or application is marked as such. Siemens is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of external websites or applications.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above, Siemens may transfer or disclose your personal data to the following recipients:
- If legally permitted to do so, Siemens may transfer personal data to courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if neccessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Siemens commissions service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of personal data (e.g. within a consent form accepted by you), we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain personal data.
Right to withdraw consent
In case you declared your consent for the processing of certain personal data by Siemens, you have the right to withdraw the consent at any time with future effect, i.e. the withdrawal of the consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. In case consent is withdrawn, Siemens may only further process the personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
Right of access to and rectification or erasure of personal data, restriction of processing, right to object to processing and right to data portability
Under applicable data protection law you may – provided that the relevant legal requirements are met – have the right to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Privacy Officer and his team (the “Siemens Data Protection Organization”) provide support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including Smart Check App here: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/general/legal/app-privacy-notices.html
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.