Privacy Note for Sm@rtClient Lite App
Last update: May, 2018
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens. Therefore, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, Werner-von-Siemens-Straße 1, 80333 Munich, Germany (“Siemens”) operates Sm@rtClient Lite mobile application (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
In the following, we provide information on the categories of personal data we collect and process via the App and the purposes of the collection and processing.
Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing and legal basis
In order to provide you with the App’s functions and services (e.g. in order to allow you to access certain portion of the app, remember language settings and the like) we collect and process the following data about you: IP-address or other device identifiers, information about your operating system, screen size, if you establish a connection via browser, information on the browser used by you, session start and end (date and time).
Analytics and usage profiles
Siemens may store information on your interaction with the App in usage profiles for the purpose of analyzing your use of the App and allowing us to tailor the App to better match your interests. Usage profiles are created on pseudonymized basis only, i.e. Siemens does not link a usage profile to an individual user. You have the right to reject to the creation of usage profiles with future effect. If you want to disable the tracking of your interaction, please do so within the App under Settings->User Analytics - >Turn off.
Recipients of your personal data
In connection with the operation of the App and the services provided by way of the App, Siemens commissions service providers such IT service providers. These service providers only act upon instructions by Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
The legal basis for Siemens processing personal data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- performing any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation). The legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient operation, management and support of the App.
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of personal data (e.g. within a consent form accepted by you), we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain personal data.
Under applicable data protection law you may have the right to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Protection Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
A list and contact details of local data protection authorities is available here.
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including Sm@rtClient Lite App here: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/general/legal/app-privacy-notices.html
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.