Privacy Note for VersiCharge App
Last update: July 24th, 2020
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to Siemens Industry, Inc. (“Siemens”). Therefore Siemens operates VersiCharge App (“App”) in compliance with applicable laws on data protection and data security.
Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing and legal basis
When visiting and using the App, Siemens processes the following personal data about you:
- Personal data that you actively provide to us within the App. i.e. information that you actively enter when registering for the app or creating a user account or when using contact and other forms offered within the App (for example, in order to contact Siemens with your enquiries and questions).
- Information that is automatically sent to us by your web browser or device, such as your IP-address or other device identifier, device type, browser type (if applicable), referring site, sites accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To offer the app’s services and functions and to administer your use of the App.
- To verify your identity.
We only process your personal data if we are permitted by applicable law to do so. In particular, if you are based in the European Economic Area, the legal basis for Siemens processing data about you is that such processing is necessary for the purposes of:
- (i) Siemens exercising its rights and performing its obligations in connection with any contract we make with you (Article 6 (1) (b) General Data Protection Regulation),
- (ii) compliance with Siemens’ legal obligations (Article 6 (1) (c) General Data Protection Regulation), and/or
- (iii) legitimate interests pursued by Siemens (Article 6 (1) (f) General Data Protection Regulation).
Generally the legitimate interest pursued by Siemens in relation to our use of your personal data is the efficient performance or management of your use of our services and offerings.
In some cases, we may ask if you consent to the relevant use of your personal data. In such cases, the legal basis for Siemens processing that personal data is that you have consented (Article 6 (1) (a) General Data Protection Regulation).
The activation of push notification services allows Siemens to provide you with the following information: [please insert the content and purpose of the push notifications, e.g. information on flight cancellations as requested by the user]. In the course of using this function and after activation of the push-notification permission, a connection with the push notification service of your operating system provider is established and your device receives notifications over this connection. For this purpose information on your device identifier is transferred to your operating system provider.
The use of certain functions of the app may require you to provide certain App permissions. App permissions allow the App to access information stored on your device.
The App may ask you to grant the following permissions: Full network access, directly call phone numbers, read phone status and identity, view network connections, prevent tablet from sleeping, view Wi-Fi connections, connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi, change network connectivity, precise location, modify or delete the contents of your USB storage, approximate location, read Google service configuration, Play Install Referrer API, receive data from internet, read the contents of your USB storage.
The permissions are required for the following purposes:
- Allows the app to create network sockets and use custom network protocols.
- Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention.
- Allows the app to access the phone features of the device.
- Allows the app to view information about network connections such as which networks exist and are connected.
- Allows the app to prevent the tablet from going to sleep.
- Allows the app to view information about Wi-Fi networking, such as whether Wi-Fi is enabled and name of connected Wi-Fi devices.
- Allows the app to connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points and to make changes to device configuration for Wi-Fi networks.
- Allows the app to change the state of network connectivity.
- Allows the app to get your precise location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) or network location sources such as cell towers and Wi-Fi. Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to get your approximate location.
- Allows the app to read Google service configuration data.
- Allows the app to retrieve its install referrer information. Allows apps to accept cloud to device messages sent by the app's service.
- Allows the app to read the contents of your USB storage.
You may manage the use of App permissions in the section “settings” of your operating system. Please note that the use of certain functions of the App may not or no longer be possible if you do nor grant or deactivate the respective App permission.
Transfer and disclosure of personal data
For the purposes mentioned above, Siemens may transfer or disclose your personal data to the following recipients:
- Courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators or attorneys if necessary to comply with the law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Service providers (so-called data processors), such as hosting or IT maintenance service providers, which only act upon instructions of Siemens and are contractually bound to act in compliance with applicable data protection law.
If you are located within European Economic Area, please be aware that sometimes the recipients to whom Siemens transfers or discloses your personal data are located in countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country.
In such cases and if required by applicable law, Siemens takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of your personal data. In particular:
- We share your personal data with Siemens companies in such countries only if they have implemented the Siemens Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the Siemens BCR can be found here.
- We transfer personal data to external recipients in third countries only if the recipient has (i) entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Siemens, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization or (iii) – in case of US recipients – the recipient is certified under the Privacy Shield. You may request further information about the safeguards implemented in relation to specific transfers by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless explicitly indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of personal data (e.g. within a consent form accepted by you), we erase personal data if the retention of the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed and no statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain personal data.
The data protection law applicable to Siemens when processing your personal data may entitle you to specific rights in relation to your personal data. You can find out more about those rights by contacting email@example.com.
In particular and subject to the respective statutory requirements, if you are located in the European Economic Area, you are entitled to:
- Obtain from Siemens confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from Siemens the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from Siemens restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
Data Privacy Contact
The Siemens Data Privacy Officer and his team (the “Siemens Data Protection Organization”) provide support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Siemens Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Siemens Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Do Not Track
At this time our Internet sites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals.
This Application is not directed to children under the age of thirteen. We will not knowingly collect personal data via this Application from children under the age of thirteen without insisting that they seek prior parental consent if required by applicable law. We will only use or disclose personal data about a child to the extent permitted by law, to seek parental consent, pursuant to local law and regulations or to protect a child.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, use, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, Siemens uses reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures. Unfortunately, there is no complete assurance of security in transit or storage to any information that you transmit, no complete assurance that information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational measures.
California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits those of our customers who are California residents to annually request a list of their personal information (if any) that we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year, and the names and addresses of those third parties. At this time, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes
Siemens publishes privacy notices for selected mobile applications, including VersiCharge App here: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/general/legal/app-privacy-notices.html
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time.