Success in photovoltaics requires sunshine – and automation
PV module manufacturers and machine builders face enormous cost pressure. They respond with innovations and competitive manufacturing processes and machines. Siemens offers valuable support in the form of tailor-made product and automation solutions.
Production machines are as varied as the color of light
The field of production machines for manufacturing solar cells and photovoltaic modules ranges from machines for the cell coating process (e.g. PECVD), to high-speed machines for connecting cells to strings, to layup stations with handling kinematics and laminators for the modules at the end of the production line. What they all have in common is consistently high quality standards. Superior technologies help save money and prevent waste, and the more thoroughly machine automation is integrated, the more successfully this is accomplished, because the individual processes can be seamlessly monitored. There is also continuous quality control throughout all stages of production.
Our automation solution, your benefits:
- High-precision motion control functionality of the SIMATIC or SIMOTION controllers means optimal quality in the production of cells and modules
- Failsafe controllers and safety functions integrated in the drive reduce the number of conventional switches and save space in the control cabinet
- Our wide range of asynchronous, servo, linear, and torque motors facilitate your choice of a suitable motor
- Efficiency is gained through the seamless integration of the software for HMI and controller programming as well as drive commissioning in a uniform engineering environment (TIA Portal)
- Costs are reduced thanks to up to 30 % faster engineering in the TIA Portal