Throughput needs automation
Producers of silicon ingots using the Czochralski process value one thing above all: an innovative, modular design with a high level of automation for high throughput. That's why many systems engineering companies rely on our innovative automation and drive technology. It's at the core of our offering for crystal growing systems, along with a tailored solution for a crucible heating power supply that can reliably handle critical process parameters at all times. Process visualizations with comprehensive data processing are an integral part of the Siemens automation concept.
On the sunny side with high-precision control
The concrete task is to continuously rotate the seed crystal in the solidifying melt while simultaneously pulling it upwards at a speed precisely adapted to the crucible temperature profile. The goal of our automation concept is to perfectly adapt the speeds to the crucible temperature and to minimize deviations from the target temperature by providing the highest quality crucible heating power supply. In this way, the crystal reliably reaches the desired diameter thanks to high-precision control throughout the pulling process – and is of optimal quality for subsequent processes in wafer production.
Scalable solutions for every task
Take advantage of the many benefits that we can offer you as an experienced automation partner.
- Precise temperature and process control based on the SIMATIC S7-1500
- High availability thanks to reliable servo drive technology
- Precise motion control functionalities for uniform growth of ingots
- Scalable technologies, from standard solutions to high-end applications
- Constant, consistent ingot quality
- Cost-effective, economical production
As vital as sunlight: optimal power quality
Maintaining constant movement throughout a wafer production plant requires high power quality – because if the power fluctuates, motion parameters such as rotational speed and torque also change.
Constant DC power
The SIPS (Silicon Industry Power Supply) is a tailor-made solution for supplying power to the crucible heating system for crystal growing systems in the solar and semiconductor industries. The SIPS is a DC power supply specifically developed for powering crucible heating systems. It can be adapted to the specific requirements of a customer's application in the solar and semiconductor industries – for example, in terms of the number and rating of the DC outputs.
The SIPS meets the requirements of the monocrystalline pulling process:
- Low TCO (total cost of ownership)
- High system availability without expensive interruptions thanks to a modular and redundant design
- High efficiency and optimal operating data even in the partial load range, resulting in significant cost savings
- Simplified implementation – communication via PROFIBUS/PROFINET
- Low line harmonic distortions, thus reducing additional operating expenditures for compensation systems
- Long service life thanks to corrosion-free steel cooling system
SINAMICS V90 PN – individual drives with the PROFINET interface and SIMOTICS S-1FL6 servomotors for maximum precision of crucible adjustment axes
SINAMICS S210 – Single-servo drive with Profinet interface and SIMOTICS S-1FK2 servo motors for high-precision axis motions. The drive system stands out due to its ease of configuration and commissioning
In order to protect plants, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art industrial security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions only form one element of such a concept. For more information about industrial security, please visit.