Pharmaceutical and Life Science solutions
Digitalization and automation are the game changers for pharmaceutical and life science industries. Reducing time to market and improving quality becomes possible by using state-of-the-art software and hardware in ideal work environments. Discover how you can leverage the power of Siemens Xcelerator for production and buildings to win the race against time.
Digital Technology creates Change – Driving the Future in pharmaceutical Industries
Hear from some of our partners and customers about how digital technologies are solving some of the key challenges in classic pharmaceutical manufacturing and how they are solving additional requirements coming from the manufacture of new types of medicine such as mRNA, personalized medicine, and other Cell&Gene therapies.
Join us when we talk with our customer Medicines Manufacturing Innovation Center, Exyte, Sarcura and Lipid NanoParticle at CPI about how innovation is the key to solve key challenges in the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences industry.
Winning the race against time requires interconnected solutions
The environments in which research, production and storage are carried out have to meet unique requirements. Cross-contamination can interrupt production processes, lead to loss of valuable raw materials and drive significant unnecessary costs.
- Ensure critical environments with Desigo room automation
- Increased resilience and security with Siveillance Suite
- Operate & monitor building equipment in real-time with Building X Operations Manager
For energy-critical companies in the pharmaceutical and life science industries, sustainable solutions and comprehensive energy management are the basis for successfully and sustainably improving all relevant processes and facilities.
- Identify the sources with highest energy intensity with Building X Energy Manager
- Distributed Energy Optimization based services (DEOP)
- Visualize energy flows and consumption values with SIMATIC Energy Manager
- Power distribution transparency with SENTRON Powermind
With an average of over 10 years and 2.5 billion USD to bring a drug to market, a limited patent period and a short lifetime on the market, there is real pressure to reduce R&D times and quickly upscale operations into full production after approval.
- Develop and produce new drugs and vaccines faster than ever via paperless manufacturing with Pharma-specific MES
- Product: Enlighted Where & Space
- Intelligent building sensors
Siemens Xcelerator – Accelerating the digital transformation
Siemens Xcelerator is our open digital business platform enabling efficiency, resiliency, flexibility, user experience, and sustainability. Making digital transformation easier, with faster time to market, and at scale.
- a curated, modular portfolio of software and IOT-enabled hardware built on standard application programming interfaces and a range of services from Siemens and certified third parties
- a growing ecosystem of partners – from solution vendors to technology partners
- a marketplace, that will grow over time, as a central point to explore, educate, exchange and transact alongside a community of customers, partners, and developers
With clear technical and commercial governance based on highest standards and values, we facilitate co-creation and collaboration between partners, customers and developers. Together, we can accelerate your digital transformation!
High-containment plant at Pfizer Freiburg
- Pfizer is one of the worlds largest drug manufacturers.
- So that it could meet the growing demand, a state-of-the-art high-containment plant was built in Freiburg, Germany.
- Here Pfizer can produce up to 7 billion tablets per year.