You have to be a good listener if you want to develop THE new motor series for electric buses and commercial vehicles. You need a special understanding of the challenges in the bus and truck industry. And you need a clear focus: on a stringent development that fulfills the expectations raised on the basis of decades of experience in perfecting electric drivetrains for a wide variety of heavy duty vehicles. Then you won’t end up with just an answer to the needs of the market, but with NextGen: The answer!
Modular. Scalable. Durable.NextGen is about to become the decisive factor for enabling a new generation of efficient electric commercial vehicles and buses, breaking new grounds in terms of range and available torque. Check out the video for a sneak preview of the 1CS2016-NG-SW-DS, our single-winding PSM direct drive motor designed for 9 to 12 m buses (12 to 18 tons).
Excellent energy efficiency.
Over a very wide rpm range, all NextGen motors deliver unmatched performance with unmatched efficiency.
Appr. 20% additional rated torque from zero rpm on.
NextGen offers more than sufficient/plenty of torque from the very start, resulting in smooth and silent acceleration under full load or demanding road conditions/landscape: The answer to every transportation demand.
Savings in motor weight / 20% better power-to-weight ratio.
Scalable automotive design with robust aluminum housing – saving weight while adding some extra power to your driving comfort.
Highest continuous efficiency of 97% over extra wide range of operation, for longer range and battery life thanks to proven electro-magnetic design.
NextGen benefits for your business
- Developed according to automotive standards and based on proven technology
- Aluminum body for robustness and power / weight ratio
- Direct drive and transmission drive lines
- Single & double winding stators for standard- & high-power options
- Higher performance ~30% more continuous torque density &
~60% more continuous power density
- Improved energy efficiency
- Improved noise vibration harmonics (NVH) behavior
- Various customer demands in terms of power and/or torque will be served with appropriately sized motors
- Direct drive and transmission drive lines with cardan shaft or SAE flange/spline for OEM transmission adaption
- Single and double winding stators for standard and high-power options or lower DC link voltage (400 V)
- High share of common parts used over various motors of the new platform
- Same look and feel over all our new motors results in reduced assembly times for the OEMs
- Modular design with wide range of vehicle applications for easy spares management
- Developed according to automotive standards with improved
- Highest protection class IP69K: dust, water and steam tight for harsh conditions
- Ambient operating temperatures between -40°C and up to 85°C
- Improved noise, vibration, and harshness – for best driving and passenger comfort
- Save up to 75% in cable termination time, and reduce non-conformance costs through color-coded HV plugs option over PG cable glands