Wind Generators from Siemens
With our generator systems for wind turbines, we take a leading position in the world market for decades. After all, they stand for customized quality that ensures maximum energy yield and maximum system availability.
In harsh conditions they need to be highly efficient, economical and reliableBenefit from a generator customized to your individual system type and get to know the wide variety of products on offer; ranging from synchronous generators in permanent magnet technology to electrically excited, asynchronous short-circuit generators, all the way to the double-fed asynchronous generators, which are very widespread in the wind power sector.
Perfectly adapted to respective wind turbine concept
Maximum energy yield combined with highest system availability: For wind turbines with gearboxes, our specialized generator systems up to 10 MW offer the perfect combination of performance and quality. The generators are available for onshore and offshore applications and can be perfectly adapted to the respective wind turbine concept and the local conditions of use within a power range from 250 kW to 10 MW.
The SINAMICS W180 wind converters are the suitable system partners for our wind generators.
- Proven quality: Around 50,000 Generators in use
- Smooth operation in all climate zones – even under harsh conditions
- Solutions that precisely fit your customer specifications
- Maximum energy yield through high efficiency
- Space-saving, compact design
- All standard generator concepts: Asynchronous squirrel-cage rotor, asynchronous pole-changing, asynchronous double-fed, synchronous electrical excited, synchronous permanent magnet
- Flexible cooling options: Surface cooling, air/air or air/water cooling and water-jacket cooling
- Globally usable thanks to 50 Hz, 60 Hz or combined 50/60 Hz version
- Maximum reliability: 100% quality check before shipping
- Maintenance-friendly design and good spare parts availability for low maintenance costs
- Can be used onshore or offshore
- Versions with particularly low noise levels are available for locations with more stringent requirements regarding noise emissions
- Highest availability through extensive monitoring sensors
- Comprehensive range of services around the clock and around the globe
Maximum cost-effectiveness, efficiency and reliability even under the harshest conditions: For this we have developed the gearless DD wind generator, a high-pole synchronous machine using permanent magnet technology. Based on its modular platform concept, the generator is not manufactured in a complete unit, but is configured from pre-assembled partial segments. This offers advantages in terms of transport and configuration and allows customization to the respective performance requirements, where the segments are optimally integrated into the drive train of the wind turbine using finite element calculations. This ensures optimum efficiency at minimum costs.
- Simpler transport and easier assembly even with very high power ratings
- Magnetic forces do not influence the final assembly or transport of the generator pairs
- Series production thanks to platform concept with standardized components
- Flexible concept for different turbine solutions, with either internal or external rotor
- Space- and weight-saving, mechanically highly integrated solution
- Optimum efficiency through omission of gearbox and own bearing for the generator
- Maximum reliability with minimum maintenance costs
- Suitable for onshore and offshore use