AS-Interface – the clever field bus standard
AS-Interface (AS-i) provides you with an effective and powerful bus system which connects the sensors and actuators on the lowest field level with the superior control – with unrivaled ease, safety and integration! AS-Interface serves as a cost-favorable feeder for PROFINET or another higher-level fieldbus system. As an alternative, you can plug in a central AS-i communication module directly next to the SIMATIC controller. AS-interface is easy to configure in TIA Portal and standardized as an open standard in accordance with IEC 62026-2. All components comply with the AS-i specification and are correspondingly tested and certified.
The right solution for each application:AS-i supports perfect adjustability – to any system size and any safety requirement.
AS-i Standard and AS-i Safety
- Fast and flexible installation of the AS-i I/O modules by simply plugging them onto the bus line
- Standard and fail-safe data on the AS-i two-wire line
- Reliable wiring for any application
Why AS-i from Siemens?
- Perfect integration of AS-i modules in SIMATIC ET 200SP and TIA Portal
- Integrated system diagnostics of the AS-i networks
- Easy extension of multiple AS-i networks or AS-i Safety within a SIMATIC ET 200SP station
- Clear data management of the AS-i networks including Safety in one common TIA project
- Integration in SIMATIC PCS 7 using AS-Interface block library
- Worldwide delivery and support
Products and Software
The AS-i Master makes it possible to connect all sensors and actuators on the lowest field level to the higher-level controller – with unrivaled simplicity, consistency, and reliability, for plants of all sizes with perfect integration in TIA Portal.
Safety-related signals from EMERGENCY STOP and protective doors are integrated in the fail-safe controller, flexibly and with no additional wiring, via the optional AS-i safety module.
The control cabinet module in a remarkably slim enclosure is ideal for use in on-site control boxes directly at the machine and exchanges I/O signals with the AS-i Master via its connection terminals.
The AS-i power supply unit supplies modules and sensors in the AS-i network with power from a central source. Thanks to data decoupling, it also permits the simultaneous transmission of data and power on just one AS-i two-strand wire.