PRONETA commissioning and diagnostics tool for PROFINET networks
Simply commission your PROFINET network and check the distributed I/Os – without PLC. The PC-based commissioning and diagnostics tool PRONETA makes it possible. You can choose from two versions: PRONETA Basic gives you a free software tool for analytical and configuration tasks in PROFINET networks. And the licensed version, PRONETA Professional, offers additional functionalities such as a record assistant, an application programming interface (API) for asset management, and PROFIenergy diagnostics, which helps improve your energy efficiency and reduce your carbon footprint. Discover for yourself what PRONETA can do for you and your PROFINET networks.
Commissioning and diagnostics tool for PROFINET networks
PRONETA Basic simplifies commissioning and configuration of your PROFINET network. The topology of your network is read automatically. You can manually adapt the address parameters of every PROFINET device or simply apply the parameters from a template, which can also be created with PRONETA Basic.
You can use PRONETA Basic to configure, control, and monitor I/O modules. The test results are provided in an easy-to-view log. PRONETA Basic supports SIMATIC ET 200SP, ET 200SP HA, ET 200M, ET 200MP, ET 200AL, ET 200eco PN, and ET 200S distributed I/Os, IO-Systems for heating elements SIPLUS HCS, the central I/O modules in most SIMATIC S7-1500 CPUs and ET 200SP-CPUs, and also IO-Link modules.
With PRONETA Basic, the configuration and testing of your control cabinet can begin during installation. This means there is nothing more in the way of fast and successful commissioning!
Your advantages at a glance
- Fast automation: To generate the topology overview, PRONETA Basic automatically scans the PROFINET network and all connected components. The comparison between the actual installation and a reference plant is also quick and convenient.
- Fast and reliable testing: When you want to test the wiring of a plant and module configuration of the components, PRONETA Basic ensures that the connections between the I/O modules and their sensors and actuators have been wired correctly.
- Simply get started: Perform all tasks even before a CPU has been integrated into the network. You don’t need any other engineering tools or special hardware!
The advanced version of the practical PROFINET tool
With PRONETA Professional, you can automatically scan a PROFINET network via the API at regular intervals and transparently document the real system configuration as a result. This gives you new opportunities to better plan servicing and maintenance, and thus optimize plant operation. You can therefore avoid undesirable situations during maintenance and servicing, such as a missing compatible spare part. The result is an improvement in production availability. And PRONETA Professional can do even more.
Your advantages at a glance
- Higher production availability by avoiding failures caused by the lack of compatible replacement devices
- Up-to-date transparency for your PROFINET network at all times
- Optimized asset management since you can efficiently record details of the components used
- Simplified compliance with design and operating requirements thanks to support from regular, automated validation
- Rapid diagnostic options with PROFIenergy diagnostics and the dataset assistant
Want to try the professional tool first with no obligation?
Use the free test version of PRONETA Professional and discover how this practical software tool works:
In order to protect plants, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art industrial security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions only form one element of such a concept. For more information about industrial security, please visit.