SIMOCODE pro: Motor Management and Control Devices
SIMOCODE pro has been managing constant-speed, low-voltage motors for 30 years. It provides comprehensive protective, monitoring, and control functions. Enjoy the benefits of detailed operating, servicing, and diagnostics data – also for fail-safe disconnection of motors. Communication via PROFIBUS, PROFINET / PROFIsafe, Modbus RTU, and Ethernet IP and OPC UA – and thus also with the cloud.
SIMOCODE pro portfolio
Highlights at a glanceThe three basic units SIMOCODE pro S and SIMOCODE pro V contain all essential motor protection and control functions and therefore are the heart of the motor management system SIMOCODE pro. We offer two device series that are functionally graded and harmonized with each other so that you can enjoy the full benefits of SIMOCODE pro in all areas of process industry.
Powerful solutions for all areas of the process industryWherever motors keep things running in the process industries, SIMOCODE is there at the technological forefront. Market requirements are increasing. Solutions that provide greater transparency of measured data, reliable residual current monitoring, more flexible applications, space requirements, and system redundancy are in high demand.
Direct use at the power distribution board SIVACON S8
SIMOCODE pro is employed in SIVACON S8 boards in fixed-mounted or withdrawable design and facilitates the assembly of powerful, yet at the same time extremely space-saving, load feeders with communication capability.
Thanks to the initialization module for SIMOCODE pro, power distribution board and motor management system grow together even more closely: With the withdrawable design frequently to be found in motor control centers, the initialization module is permanently integrated in the power distribution board. As a result, feeder-related parameter and address data are precisely assigned to the respective feeder. When the withdrawable module is replaced, the new component is automatically initialized with the correct parameters.
Advantages at a glance
- Automatic storage and loading of device parameters and device address in the initialization module in the motor control center
- Exact assignment of parameter and address data to individual motor feeders
- Easy replacement of the MCC plug-in module with no special knowledge of SIMOCODE necessary
- No more manual addressing and parameterization of SIMOCODE required, making it easier to operate the power distribution board
- Continued correct operation when withdrawable unit replaced for SIMOCODE pro S and SIMOCODE pro V
Easy engineering, transparent systemEase of planning, high configuration reliability, rapid commissioning as well as parameterization, diagnostics, and maintenance-relevant monitoring functions: All these are characteristics of convenient engineering with SIMOCODE ES, the central software for configuration, commissioning, operation, and diagnostics of SIMOCODE pro devices. Integrated in the uniform engineering framework of the Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal), SIMOCODE ES represents the efficient and intuitive solution for all automation tasks.
Easy and standardized
The PCS 7 SIMOCODE library enables simple and easy integration of SIMOCODE pro into the SIMATIC PCS 7 process control system. The PCS 7 library contains standardized motor blocks and faceplates for controlling or operating and monitoring the motor. For the plant-wide device parameter setting and diagnostics, SIMOCODE pro is also integrated into SIMATIC PDM (Process Device Manager). This means that a standard, unified tool is embedded in the process control system for intelligent field devices such as SIMOCODE pro.
Advantages at a glance
- Consistent, uniform integration in SIMATIC PCS 7
- Standardized blocks for easy integration and optimized operation
- Easy-to-integrate safety technology thanks to SIMOCODE pro Safety
- Greater process transparency due to enhanced information density in the process control system
Easy and future-proof
Configuration and commissioning of SIMOCODE pro can also be realized in the TIA Portal without additional software.
As device configuration forms part of STEP 7, each individually-created configuration is loaded into the PLC and automatically transferred to the SIMOCODE pro devices connected via PROFIBUS/PROFINET.
Advantages at a glance
- Very simple operation; SIMOCODE pro configured without the need for additional tools
- Fast, simple integration in SIMATIC through shared data management and a uniform user interface
- The TIA Portal is designed so that all future software developments to do with SIMOCODE pro can be seamlessly integrated