SIMATIC WinCC OA IOT Suite
IT plus OT convergency for your automation solution
SIMATIC WinCC Open Architecture IOT Suite combines reliable, industrial-grade hardware with proven software based on WinCC OA and intuitive apps for establishing connections, setting controllers, and displaying information. This allows to you to establish smart infrastructure on site. Data is collected and preprocessed directly at the machine in real time without impairing the performance of the ongoing process.
- Fast and independent commissioning, within 1 hour by own electrician
- Gain more insight through easy local collection and preprocessing of data
- Create transparency with local visualization via dashboards
- Efficient communication by mapping and forwarding selected information only
Central distribution of software and updates works right out of your plant infrastructure, with fully automatic and time-controlled deployment. There is an available cloud connection via IOT-Repository, which is however optional and not required for operation.
A variety of IOT apps enable easy and intuitive operation without specialized knowledge or training. The base installation includes apps for PLC configuration, data mapping and dashboarding, other digital functions, e.g. for equipment efficiency calculations (OEE) can be installed via IOT-OPA. Additionally, SIMATIC WinCC OA partners can distribute their own individually adapted solutions via IOT-Repository.
Enjoy the benefits of reliable data acquisition directly at the machine, a secure, fault-free linking connection of IT and OT, and data-based optimization of production and maintenance.
SIMATIC WinCC OA IOT Box
- Preprocessing data in real time
- Streamlining communication
- Receive updates automatically through connection to central repository (IOT-OPA)
- Extensions can be created easily by SIMATIC WinCC OA Partners
- Modular approach to connectivity handling, visualization and formula creation increases usage flexibility
- All required configurations can be implemented locally directly at the IOT-Box or remotely via WinCC OA Desktop UI or Web UI
SIMATIC WinCC Open Architecture OPA (On Premise Administration)
- Automatic deployment of apps and updates, including OS updates
- Provides simple and secure exchange mechanisms between devices
- Central storage and management of apps and updates on premise
- Manages different states/versions of updates, apps and devices
In order to protect plants, systems, machines and networks against cyber threats, it is necessary to implement – and continuously maintain – a holistic, state-of-the-art industrial security concept. Siemens’ products and solutions only form one element of such a concept. For more information about industrial security, please visit.