Totally Integrated Automation Portal
Always ready for tomorrow
Regardless of what you need to engineer innovative machines, you’ll find it in Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal). Siemens is adding all its new developments and future-oriented technologies in the TIA hardware portfolio and incorporating the corresponding functions into TIA Portal. This gives you unrestricted access to the complete range of digitalized automation services, from digital planning to integrated engineering and transparent operation. Reduce your time-to-market with simulation tools, increase plant productivity with additional diagnostics and energy management capabilities, and increase flexibility by connecting to the management level.
TIA Portal V17 – Highlight and trend topics
The web-based training offers you an individual and digital build-up of knowledge on the topic of TIA Portal V17. Benefit from sustainable learning success through the combination of text, speech and screencasts.
TIA Portal – more than an engineering frameworkMore flexible, faster, and more productive: Innovative simulation tools, seamlessly integrated engineering, and transparent plant operation work perfectly together in TIA Portal. The new options benefit system integrators and machine builders as well as plant operators, making TIA Portal your perfect gateway to automation in the Digital Enterprise.
Increase your flexibility and work in an open, virtual, and networked manner
A digital workflow lets you use virtual representations of machines and systems. You can use these to simulate and test every aspect before actually building the real thing. This “digital twin” is also connected to operational IT and the Cloud for even more flexibility and ultimately resulting in higher quality products.
Scalable simulation as required
Simulating the entire plant, including the controller and HMI, and evaluating it based on a virtual model reduces local commissioning time thanks to PLCSIM Advanced, the controller’s digital twin.
- Access to rapid testing of PLC modules
With SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced integrated as an option into TIA Portal
- Easy plant modeling using time sequences and switching
With SIMATIC S7-PLCSIM Advanced and model creation using SIMATIC STEP 7
- Complex models created in high-level languages
By connecting to independently created applications (C, C#, third-party, etc.) using the PLCSIM Advanced interface
- Simulation of automation in the context of a machine or plant
By connecting PLCSIM Advanced to SIMIT, NX MCD, Process Simulate or Plant Simulation
For more information on simulation offerings, please click here.
Data consistency across tool boundaries
TIA Portal allows you to efficiently create your project using software generators and in this way reduce the number of redundant workflows. With Teamcenter, you also merge the project versions from planning, engineering, and design.
- Efficiently create program code
With code generators connected via TIA Portal Openness interface
- Use existing third-party data
From EPLAN, Mathworks, TIA Selection Tool, or 3rd party using hardware/software import/export via TIA Portal Openness interface
- Save projects worldwide
By storing TIA Portal projects in Teamcenter
Networked workflows wherever and whenever needed
Increase flexibility in your everyday work while maintaiing total data consistency, regardless of the terminal used. The new TIA Portal Cloud connector lets you access the system controller from your private cloud. No installation on the engineering workstation is necessary. MindSphere, the cloud-based, open IoT operating system from Siemens, can also be used for additional digital services.
- Easy online access
With TIA Portal Cloud connector and your private cloud
- End-to-end planning regardless of the terminal used
With TIA Selection Tool cloud, you can even work on tablets, regardless of operating system
- Analyses and services offerings in the same quality worldwide
With MindSphere, the cloud-based, open IoT operating system from Siemens
The heart of efficient automation
All important automation components are integrated into TIA Portal. This means that everything from controllers to peripherals, drives and HMIs to safety and motion control and energy management can be programmed. A consistent database and libraries with frequently used functions make engineering even faster and easier.
Reduce your engineering time
TIA Portal lets you integrate all the key components in your automation project, including safety, security, control, HMI, drives, decentralized peripherals, motion control, and power distribution. Fewer repeated inputs, a shared database, and a standardized user interface for all tasks help reduce your engineering time.
- Support for redundant and highly available applications with SIMATIC S7-1500R/H CPUs
- Integration of all SINAMICS converter systems and servo drives – Including integration of SINAMICS S210 into SINAMICS Startdrive, SINAMICS V90, and SIMATIC Microdrive
- Drive solutions as an integral part of TIA Portal
Thanks to the powerful combination of SIMATIC S7-1500 T-CPU or the SIMATIC Drive Controller with servo drive systems
- Electrification as an integral component
Thanks to the integration of the 3VA molded case circuit breaker and SENTRON measuring devices
- Network integration and hardware diagnostics for all SIMATIC IPCs
Thanks to PC Station 2.1
Less coordination needed thanks to system-supported synchronization
With TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering, multiple people can access a project at the same time. Synchronization is system-supported. This means that you can flexibly process tasks and complete them simultaneously – both device-oriented and task-based.
- Work on a project together as part of a team
And manage it flexibly on a server using Multiuser Engineering, commissioning mode, and software units
- Promote corporate standards
Through the basic definition and administration of program code in TIA Portal libraries
- Connect versioning tools using the Version Control Interface
- Easily combine HMI and PLC expertise
Using the substitute PLC
- Shared online commissioning
Up to five developers can monitor a control system and import upgrades online simultaneously
Minimize additional time and effort by correcting faults
Reduce the amount of additional time and effort needed to reliably identifying faults and quickly correct them, thanks to numerous programming code templates, many new and efficient diagnostic tools, cyclical system test recordings during commissioning, and analysis of sporadic faults.
- Targeted support with numerous program code templates
Thanks to the new help system and standard libraries
- Many new and efficient diagnostic options
Such as content-based comparisons, web server diagnostics, and other diagnostic functions
- Cyclical system test recordings
During commissioning and for analyzing sporadic errors thanks to the integrated trace functionality
Create solutions faster
Develop your solutions even faster thanks to the automatic generation of HMI visualization via the SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc), quick and easy machine and plant diagnostics (SIMATIC ProDiag), the efficient implementation of energy management, and automatic program creation using software generators that are linked via TIA Portal Openness interface.
- Generate HMI visualizations automatically
Using the SIMATIC Visualization Architect (SiVArc)
- Implement machine and plant diagnostics quickly and easily
Using automatic code generation and visualization of monitoring with SIMATIC ProDiag
- Easily implement efficient energy management
From energy data acquisition to proactive load management and the automatic generation of the PLC program using the SIMATIC Energy Suite, as well as the standardized evaluation of machine efficiency using the S7 Energy Efficiency Monitor
- Generate programs automatically using third-party systems to control TIA Portal
Via public API TIA Portal Openness
Avoid duplication of work
Thanks to the comprehensive library concept, you can easily reuse all project objects and in this way avoid duplicating your work. Safeguard your specialist knowledge over the long term with know-how-protected blocks, and easily refine existing systems and projects in TIA Portal.
- Easily reuse all project objects
Including a versioning and the update function thanks to the comprehensive library concept
- Reliably safeguard know-how over the long term
Using know-how-protected blocks
- Easily refine existing plants and projects in TIA Portal
Thanks to the supported migration of existing projects
Better overview of production processes, machine condition, and energy consumption
As global competition increases, it’s essential that you know exactly what’s happening in a machine. Transparent operation means that you can make the right decisions thanks to consistent data and in-depth analytics. This also helps you improve energy efficiency – an increasingly important factor in boosting your competitiveness.
Make the right decisions quickly
- You can make the right decisions quickly thanks to maximum transparency based on consistent data storage in production. The system supports WinCC and WebUX as well as WebNavigator for remote access and control.
- Web-based operation and monitoring
Flexibly on various devices/browsers using WinCC/WebUX or comprehensive remote access using WinCC/Webnavigator
Practice energy-efficient manufacturing while observing legal requirements
- The integrated SIMATIC Energy Suite automation solution, the S7 energy efficiency monitor, and the seamlessly connected Energy Manager energy management system enable you to control your energy costs at all times. The SIMATIC Energy Suite’s easy and efficient capturing of energy data provides you with the energy transparency according to ISO 50001 that’s required for saving energy. You can also monitor the agreed capacity limits for electrical energy and avoid fines with load management from the SIMATIC Energy Suite.
- Easy and efficient energy data acquisition and load management
As an integrated automation solution with the SIMATIC Energy Suite and S7 Energy Efficiency Monitor
- Reduced operating costs
Thanks to the comprehensive energy data management system SIMATIC Energy Manager
Reduce production downtimes
- The efficient and integrated diagnosis of process errors reduces production downtimes and increases the availability of your machines and production plants. The standardized machine and plant diagnostic function (SIMATIC ProDiag) provides you with efficient analyses of process breakdowns. Integrated system diagnosis helps you to quickly identify errors in the automation system across all system components.
- Immediately identify errors in the automation system
Thanks to an integrated system diagnosis across all system components
- Efficiently diagnose process breakdowns
Using the standardized machine and plant diagnostic function with SIMATIC ProDiag
Easy integration of higher-level systems (MES/ERP systems)
Connecting automation and IT levels by means of open communication makes it easy to integrate higher-level MES/ERP solutions. The SIMATIC OPC UA standardized communication protocol or WinCC AddOns let you forward production data to systems of other manufacturers. IndustrialDataBridge is used for bidirectional, cross-system communication via standard interfaces, without any programming effort.
- Connection of vendor-specific systems
Thanks to the support of the standardized communication protocol SIMATIC OPC UA an OPC UA client is integrated into the CPU in addition to the OPC UA server. The SiOME (Siemens OPC UA Modeling Editor) configuration tool is also available at no extra charge
- Multisystem data communication
Via standard interfaces with WinCC/IndustrialDataBridge
Powerfull WinCC Process Management Add-ons for a wide range of tasks
The complete package for your automation solution optimizes your engineering processesWith TIA Portal you not only integrate the basic software (STEP 7, WinCC, SINAMICS Startdrive, SIMOCODE ES and SIMOTION SCOUT TIA), but you also benefit from additional functionalities provided by new options such as TIA Portal Multiuser Engineering and Power Management with SIMATIC Energy Suite via a single interface. That’s why TIA Portal offers everything you need for end-to-end engineering, both now and in the future.
All details: Software and functions
TIA Portal contains a wide range of functions and options for the Digital Enterprise, in order to resolve the challenges of Industrie 4.0. That enables machine builders to reduce the time-to-market and lets plant operators boost their productivity.
TIA Portal in social media
NEW: SIMATIC S7 TIA Portal upgrade Course for Maintenance Personnel
You as a maintenance technician ensure the availability of machines and systems during operation. We have developed this course for you, focusing on troubleshooting and fault elimination. And you can deepen your theoretical knowledge with numerous practical exercises on a TIA system model.