SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic (TIA Portal)
The Engineering Software for the Basic Controller SIMATIC S7-1200
SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic (TIA Portal) is a price-optimized subset of STEP 7 Professional controller software in the TIA Portal. STEP 7 offers an engineering solution for basic automation tasks as it can be used for both, programming the SIMATIC S7-1200 Basic Controllers and configuring SIMATIC HMI Basic Panels.
SIMATIC STEP 7 Basic offers the same benefits as STEP 7 Professional engineering software thanks to its integration into the TIA Portal engineering framework, e.g
- direct online diagnostics,
- easy creation of technology objects
- and also the library concept for time-saving, efficient work and programming components reuse.
STEP 7 Basic (TIA Portal) supports the IEC programming languages
- LAD (Ladder Diagram)
- FBD (Function Block Diagram)
- and SCL (structured text)
WinCC Basic is part of the Software package. This way you can configure SIMATIC HMI Basic Panels as well.
Siemens recommends SIMATIC Field PG programming devices as a powerful and rugged platform for STEP 7 Engineering Software, especially when your engineering station is also used for commissioning, servicing and maintenance of your automation system.
Yet of course you can use any PC that meet the requirements below
Supported Operating systems (64 Bit only)
- Windows 7 (64-bit)
- Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
- Windows 7 Professional SP1
- Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
- Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
- Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Windows 10 Home Version 1809, 1903
- Windows 10 Professional Version 1809, 1903
- Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1809, 1903
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2015 LTSB
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC
- Windows Server (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 StdE (full installation)
- Windows Server 2016 Standard (full installation)
- Windows Server 2019 Standard (full installation)
The Compatibility Tool is a function provided by the Industry Online Support with which you can select compatible software products or check the compatibility of existing configurations.
STEP 7 Basic V16 is delivered with a floating license which allows you to install the software on as many computers as you like. For each license, one user can use the software no matter what computer they’re on, or where they’re working. The number of licenses determines the number of computers the software can be used on at one time.
You can update an installed STEP 7 Basic V11 to V15 by purchasing an Upgrade to V16
Powerpacks allow the upgrading from STEP 7 Basic V16 to STEP7 Professional V16