SITOP add-on modules – all-round protection à la carte
Expansion modules for increasing system availability up to total all-round protection
The quality of the power supply unit alone can’t guarantee a fault-free, 24-V supply. Power failures, extreme variations in the mains voltage or a faulty load can bring plant operation to a standstill and cause high costs. That’s why processes and plants that are critical for a company’s business generally require additional protection measures. SITOP add-on modules protect your production from a wide variety of potential hazards on the primary and secondary side and allow the completely flexible expansion of SITOP power supply units up to total, all-round protection.
Reliable system protection against a wide variety of potential hazardsPower failures, extreme variations in the mains voltage or a faulty load can bring plant operation to a standstill and cause high costs. That’s why SITOP offers you a unique range of perfectly integrable expansion modules for reliable protection against a wide variety of potential hazards on the primary and secondary side. The SITOP add-on modules allow the completely flexible expansion of SITOP power supply units and extension up to total, all-round protection.
Protect yourself against …
Safeguarding against failure through redundancy – with SITOP redundancy modules
Because two power supplies are decoupled via a SITOP redundancy module, the failure of one power supply unit has no effect on the 24-V DC supply. The SITOP redundancy module continuously monitors the feeding power supply units. In addition, the SITOP PSE202U and RED1200 redundancy modules send a signal via a signaling contact that can be evaluated by a controller, PC, or control system.
A redundant design for greater reliability
Two power supply units can be connected via the SITOP
redundancy module for additional failure safety. If one unit
fails, the other automatically takes over the power supply
function. Even in the event of a short circuit inside a power
supply unit, the power supply remains reliable. Thanks to
its high dielectric strength, the new RED1200 redundancy
module also decouples power supplies without output
voltages up to 48 V.
Your benefits with a SITOP redundancy module
- Highly secure DC supply thanks to a redundant design
- Reliable supply even when one power supply fails
- Compact redundancy modules for power supply units up to 48 V and 40 A
- 24-V/NEC Class 2 redundancy module limited to 100 VA
- Decoupling of parallel-connected power supply units to enhance performance or of series-connected power supply units to increase voltage
Selectivity and fast fault location in 24-V DC load circuits – with SITOP selectivity modules
In modern plant and machine construction, all 24-V DC loads – whether rugged electromechanical loads or highly sensitive electronics – are supplied by a single, common, stabilized, switched-mode power supply. To ensure that a fault in one load doesn’t bring the complete plant to a halt, the 24-V DC power supply circuit is divided into separate branches and selectively protected.
Selective monitoring of 24-V DC load circuits instead of protection via miniature circuit breakers
The SITOP selectivity modules are specifically tailored to switched-mode power supplies. The modules permit brief current peaks and switch off the electricity for longer overloads, even on long, thin cables and with creeping short circuits in which the current is limited by the high ohmic resistance. In this case the circuit-breakers do not trip, or they trip too late, even if the power supply could deliver the current. The selectivity modules reliably disconnect the faulty load circuits, and the supply to the other loads continues with absolutely no interruption so that total failure of the plant can be avoided. The affected feeder is indicated by an LED. The option with single-channel signaling also allows remote output-specific fault location. The new SEL1200 and SEL1400 eight-channel modules also have an interface with comprehensive diagnostics options for each output.
Your benefits with a SITOP selectivity module
- Protection against overloads and short circuits in the 24-V circuit
- Reliable tripping, regardless of the line resistance
- SEL1200: switch-off characteristic for standard protection and high starting currents
- SEL1400/PSE200U: power limiting to meet high protection requirements by stabilizing the 24 V
- Sequential connection reduces total inrush current
- Common signaling contact or evaluation of individual channels
- SEL1200/1400: 8 outputs, each with diagnostics of voltage, current, set threshold, reason for disconnection (if applicable)
- PSE200U: 4 outputs with voltage measuring point for current (1 V ≙ 1 A)
Bridging short-term power failures – with the SITOP buffer module
In sensitive production areas, short-term power failures (brownouts) can have time- and cost-intensive consequences, even if they only last for a fraction of a second. The SITOP buffer modules permit reliable bridging for up to the seconds range and so ensures reliable, interruption-free operation.
Bridge power failures for a period of seconds
Power failures usually last only a fraction of a second – but they can cause time- and cost-intensive damage. Used in conjunction with SITOP power supply units, the buffer module bridges short-duration voltage dips with its electrolytic capacitors.
Power failures can easily be bridged up to the seconds range, depending on the load current and the number of buffer modules.
Your benefits with the SITOP buffer module
- Economical protection against power failure up to the seconds range
- Support for the power supply unit when the power demand temporarily increases
- High load current up to 40 A
- Only two lines connecting to the power supply unit
And for buffering longer power failures …
Reliable reduction of inrush currents – with SITOP inrush current limiters
High inrush currents from starting motors, transformers, converters, and other equipment can trip protective devices, increase wear and tear or even damage sensitive components. In these cases, SITOP inrush current limiters ensure protection of the power supply and all connected loads.
Your benefits with the SITOP inrush current limiters
- Maximum service life of current-sensitive components like relays thanks to reduced current inrushes
- Space-saving, thanks to narrow width of only 18 mm
- Suitable for LOGO! modules and sub-distribution boards, thanks to its stepped profile
- Flexible installation on the DIN rail, on the wall or in various other locations
- Maximum plant configuration enabled
- Flexible application options at temperatures ranging from -40° Celsius to +70° Celsius