Compact, compatible and future-ready: SIMATIC S7- 4100
In the volatile world of process industries, SIMATIC S7-4100 controller for process automation delivers high levels of data throughput performance. Get flexibility and 24/7 availability that meet your daily automation requirements. With more than 25 years of proven automation technology, the new DCS controller is specifically designed for the SIMATIC PCS neo process control system.
Performance designed for your entire lifecycleAs is often the case, plants need to run 24/7/365 with minimal interruption to production. Even the shortest downtimes can cause major setbacks. That’s why maintaining the highest level of availability of the process control system is crucial. Process plants are also harsh environments, where high temperatures, explosive gases and even electro-magnetic noise can threaten productivity. SIMATIC S7-4100 is the answer, delivering the highest industry standards day after day.
A technological powerhouse in your plantProcess industries represent perhaps the most challenging environment for incorporating digitalization concepts. But whether facing extreme operational temperatures, shifting regulations or the need for continuous operation, plants must turn to robust digitalization as a key driver for success – both today and tomorrow. SIMATIC S7-4100 controller is built to handle specific plant conditions while also helping to overcome highly complex regulations and safety requirements.
- 24/7/365 operation
- Extended temperature range from -25 °C to 70 °C during operation
- Storage temperature range -40 °C to 70 °C
- Standard conformal coating for protection against corrosive gases
- High EMC robustness and compliance with strict chemical standard NAMUR NE21
- All memory EDC (error detection code) protected
- Redundant power supplies also available in single system
- Additional I/O controller (PROFIBUS and PROFINET) can be plugged and removed in RUN
- Optimized system recovery time after power down or restart
- New backup and restore functionality provides automatic data storage
- No battery required for data storage during power down
- No fan, even at 70 °C operating temperature