SITRANS FS230 is an ultrasonic clamp-on flowsystem. The SITRANS FST030 transmitter with the proven-in-use FSS200 sensors is ideal for challenging applications and the use in Ex areas. The Sitrans FS230 system is compatible with pipe diameters from DN10 up to DN10.000. For applications in hazardous areas, the external electronics module SITRANS FS DSL is used. It is installed close to the sensors and digitizes the measured signal at the earliest opportunity to transfer it to the FST030 transmitter with optimal EMC protection.
For more than 40 years, Siemens has set new standards in clamp-on flow measurement. They key to optimal signal transmission is a harmonious interplay of the ultrasonic sensors and the pipe wall. Lambwave sensors transmit the signal waves in the resonance range of the pipe, our WideBeam® technology achieves an even more accurate adjustment to the application and pipe characteristics. Especially in difficult conditions, such an exact adjustment to flow characteristics is key for highly precise measurements.
SITRANS FS230 with Ex approval is built to meet the toughest demands of the hydrocarbon industry.
- Ideal for measuring tasks that require maximum precision
- Clamp-on flow system for the measurement of liquids, oil or gas
- Suitable for new installations as well as retrofitting
- Designed for use with up to 4 paths
- Designed for use in Ex areas, safe distance to transmitter of up to 150 m
- Fast signal processing with 100 Hz update rate
- High accuracy, repeatability and zero flow detection
- Downward compatible with all sensors of the SITRANS FUS1011 family
- Replacement device for SITRANS FUS1010, FUH1010 or FUG1010
- Designed according to NAMUR requirements and Industry 4.0 with various diagnostic functions
Typical applications: drinking water supply, water networks, cooling water in power plants, chemical liquids (Ex areas possible), crude oil providers and pipeline operators (product and margin detection, leakage detection, pig runs), gas transport and gas providers in high pressure grids.
Whatever your process challenge – SITRANS FS has you covered
Monitoring your processes with accurate clamp-on ultrasonic flow measurement leads to higher transparency, improved productivity – and a better bottom line. To optimize every operation, Siemens offers a comprehensive selection of clamp-on flow sensors, transmitters and complete flow systems.