The Siemens SITRANS LUT400 series controllers are compact, single point, long-range ultrasonic controllers for continuous level, or volume measurement of liquids, slurries, and solids, and high accuracy monitoring of open channel flow.
The SITRANS LUT400 comes in three different models, depending on the application, level of performance and functionality required:
- SITRANS LUT420 Level Controller: Level or volume measurement of liquids, slurries, and solids, as well as basic pump control functions, and basic data logging capability
- SITRANS LUT430 Level, volume, Pump and Flow Controller: Includes all features of the LUT420 plus a full suite of advanced pump control and alarm functionality, open channel flow monitoring, and basic flow data logging capability
- SITRANS LUT440 High Accuracy OCM: Our most featured, highest accuracy model. Includes all features of the LUT430, plus the industry’s best accuracy (± 1 mm within 3 m), full suite of advanced control functionality, and enhanced flow logging capability
Key applications: wet wells, reservoirs, flumes/weirs, chemical storage, liquid storage, hoppers, crusher bins, dry solids storage
Supplementary Components are designed to work with most types of instrumentation to provide enhanced functionality such as remote displays and remote monitoring solutions. Please find more information here.
Don’t forget that the safest engineered level measurement solution includes switches for back-up, overfill, low level and dry run protection. Click here for more information
- Small 1/2 DIN enclosure [144 h x 144 d x 146 w mm (5.7 x 5.7 x 5.75 inch)] with standard universal mounting bracket for wall, pipe, and DIN rail, plus an optional panel mount
- Easy to use LUI display with local four-button programming, menu-driven parameters, and Wizard support for key applications
- Level, Volume, OCM Flow monitoring
- Three relays combined with a suite of pump, alarm, and relay control features
- HART Communications
- EDDs for SIMATIC PDM, AMS Device Manager, and Field Communicator 375/475, plus DTMs for FDTs (Field Device Tools)
- Web browser for local programming from an intuitive web-based interface
- Two discrete inputs for backup level override and pump interlock functions
- Echo profile and trend views from the local display
- Patented digital receiver for improved performance in electrically noisy applications (close proximity to VSDs)
- Real time clock with daylight savings time, supporting an integrated datalogger and energy saving algorithms for minimizing pump operation during high cost energy periods
- Removable terminal blocks for ease of wiring
What precision and reliability mean for your applications
Your facility is a busy place - and materials and conditions inside your tanks/vessels/wells are always changing. Siemens ultrasonics selects the correct echo after every measurement, giving you stable readings while still allowing rapid response to actual changes in the material level. The result? Operations are more cost-effective. Inventory monitoring is always precise. Processes can be better controlled. And expensive spill cleanups can be avoided.