SIMATIC ET 200pro
Modular and multifunctional distributed I/O system with degree of protection IP65/67
SIMATIC ET 200pro is a modular, rugged and versatile I/O system with IP65/66/67 degree of protection. It comprises Interface Modules to connect with PROFINET or PROFIBUS environment with standard as well as failsafe functionality. Interface modules are also available with CPU functionality. Due to its rugged design ET 200pro can be used when mechanical load is high. Hot swapping of electronics and terminal modules during operation increases plant availability.
The modules of the ET 200pro usually have two or three components.
Interface and power modules as well as digital and analog expansion modules comprise:
- A bus connector which constitutes the backplane bus of the system
- An electronics module or interface module
- A connection module
SIMATIC Safety Integrated is also valid for ET 200pro systems close to the machine. The fail-safe CPUs and IOs as well as an F-Switch can be used to implement the safety-related application requirements as an integral part of the overall automation. The safety functions required for fail-safe operation are integrated in the modules.
Freely selectable connection technique:
- Direct connection with cable gland: For up to 16 A electronic load and a cross-section of up to 2.5 mm².
- ECOFAST (Energy and Communication Field Installation System) – The standardized Siemens connection technique for cabinet-free distribution is based on hybrid cables for bus signals and power supply.
- M12, 7/8'': The familiar connection with widely implemented connector standard.
ET 200pro offers comprehensive diagnostics to reduce the downtimes of your plant:
- The standard modules already offer module diagnostics for short-circuiting of the encoder supply or the output
- The High Feature modules offer more precise diagnostic functions through channel diagnostics for short-circuit and wire-break. Additional process interrupts can be used for digital inputs for six channels.
- Diagnostic alarms are reported to the higher-level PLC in the form of plain text.
Power modules allow load groups to be built up as required by supplementary supply from the load power supply. In this case, the same connection techniques (direct connection; M12, 7/8"; ECOFAST) are available as for the power supply of the complete station.
More than one load segment can be integrated into a single station.
CPUs - The ET 200pro based Distributed Controller
Thanks to their compact design, Distributed Controllers are particularly suitable for series machine manufacturing. They can be accommodated directly on the machine. In networked plants, connection to a production line's central control cabinet is realized via PROFINET.
The SIMATIC ET 200pro CPUs are the right choice for applications that also contain distributed automation structures alongside central I/O and require protection level IP 65/67. The relocation of intelligence from the central control cabinet to Distributed Controllers on the individual stations entails positive effects on a plant's availability. Faults on one station can be rectified without leading to a standstill of the entire plant.
IM 154 - Interface Modules for PROFINET and PROFIBUS
Via interface modules the ET 200 pro is connected to the bus system, either PROFINET the leading Industrial Ethernet Standard or the proven fieldbus PROFIBUS. SIMATIC ET 200pro offers flexible connection techniques, realized by separating interface and connection modules .
Interface modules for PROFINET
The IM 154-3 PN High Feature and IM 154-4 PN High Feature interface modules are responsible for the communication between the ET 200pro and higher-level controllers via PROFINET IO. They feature a 2-port switch for easy configuration of a line structure. More parameters are possible per station using PROFINET, and therefore more high-function modules can be used. In case of service, the IM can be replaced without using a programming device –the device name and parameters remain on the module. As with the PROFIBUS variant, the interface module and the connection module on the Interface module IM 154-4 PN HF are separated so that various connection methods are possible.
The interface modules for PROFINET are separated like the PROFIBUS versions, interface module and connection module. For the interface module IM154-4 PN HF are available both the proven M12 7/8" connection and the connection with push-pull technology for different connection systems.
Interface modules for PROFIBUS
The IM 154-1 DP and IM 154-2 DP High Feature interface modules handle the communication between the ET 200pro and higher-level masters over PROFIBUS DP. They can be combined with three different modules for connecting the bus and power supply. All connection modules for PROFIBUS have visible address setters that allow the addresses to be easily read, as well as a selectable terminating resistor. The integrated T functionality supports the start-up of partial segments and uninterrupted bus communication in the event of a servicing requirement.
- M12, 7/8'': The familiar connection method with widely implemented connector standard.
- Direct connection with cable gland:
For up to 16 A electronic load and a cross-section of up to 2.5 mm².
- ECOFAST (Energy and Communication Field Installation System)
The standardized Siemens connection technique for cabinet-free distribution is based on hybrid cables for bus signals and power supply.
Digital and analog Expansion Modules and Power Modules
8-channel electronic modules can be combined with the 8 x M12 or 4 x M12 connection modules. This gives you the choice of single or dual assignment of the M12 sockets. A wide variety of different sensors and actuators can therefore be connected to the electronic module without the need for additional accessories such as Y connectors or Y leads. This not only reduces the wiring but also the costs for accessories and parts inventories.
Digital electronic modules with 4, 8 and 16 channels for 24 V and 4-channel analog electronic modules are available for voltage, current, and resistance thermometers.
Power modules allow load groups to be built up as required by supplementary supply from the load power supply. In this case, the same connection techniques (direct connection; M12, 7/8"; ECOFAST) are available as for the power supply of the complete station. More than one load segment can be integrated into a single station.
In the interface and in each power module, built-in fuses ensure that neither total failure of all load groups nor damage outside the station can occur.
Safety related communication
The failsafe modules of ET200pro can be used to implement the safety-related application requirements as an integral part of the overall automation.
The safety functions required for fail-safe operation are integrated in the modules. The modules can be used for safety circuits up to Cat. 4/ SIL 3.ext.
Two PROFIsafe modules are available for connecting digital sensors/encoders and/or loads/actuators.
The available F-Switch enables disconnection of standard I/O modules and safe controlling of ET 200pro motor starters in conjunction with the ASM 400 V module.
- 3 x P-P-switching outputs
- permits safe disconnection of standard I/O modules, SIL 2/Cat. 3
- safe controlling of motor starters in conjunction with the ASM 400V module, SIL 3/Cat. 4
- activation of parameterized safety functions of frequency converters (in preparation)
- 2 x 2-channel digital inputs, SIL 3/Cat. 4
Communication via IO-Link
IO-Link allows the easy integration of sensors and actuators from different manufacturers. The IO-Link Master modules enable data exchange with the IO Link devices. Due to the compatibility of IO-Link to standard sensors, commercially available sensors can be operated in accordance with IEC 61131 Type 1 on the IO-Link master.
ET 200pro supports IO-Link communication via a 4-port electronic module and a corresponding connection module:
SIMATIC RF170C for ET 200pro
The SIMATIC RF170C is a communication module for connecting the SIMATIC identification systems to the ET 200pro I/O system.
The readers (SLGs) of all RFID systems as well as the MV400 optical reader devices and MV300 optical handheld readers can be operated on the RF170C. In addition, the RF170C provides a universal RS232/ RS422 interface for connecting devices using the Freeport protocol.
- Two parallel reader channels ensure real-time mode at dynamic read points.
- Through selection of the corresponding head module, a connection of the RFID systems via PROFIBUS or PROFINET is possible
- Reader connection using an 8-pin M12 connector for quick mounting of all components.
- The optical handheld readers are connected via a coiled cord and the working range is almost unrestricted.
- Devices that are connected using the Freeport protocol can be supplied with 5 V or 24 V voltage from the communication module
- Powerful hardware guarantees rapid data exchange with the reader (SLG) so that data is made available to the application even faster.
- Very easy downloading of firmware via the SIMATIC Manager for function expansions and error rectification ensure high availability of the identification system.
- Adjustable and parameterizable identification-system-specific diagnostics facilitate easy commissioning and troubleshooting.
- A wide selection of pre-assembled connecting cables can be ordered for ET 200pro and RF170C. This saves time and money during installation and assures
SIMATIC ET 200pro frequency converters for drive applications
SIMATIC ET 200pro frequency converter is suitable for the open-loop and closed-loop control of induction motors over a wide range of industrial applications. It is predestined for applications in conveyor technology where the drives are networked via PROFIBUS and PROFINET; and especially where it makes sense to combine several drives in a distributed configuration without requiring electrical cabinets. Examples include machining cells in the automotive sector or ninety degree routers in logistical systems.
Compact, intelligent motor starters
The intelligent ET 200pro motor starters are used for starting and protecting motors and loads of up to 5.5 kW. They are available as Standard and High Feature electromechanical motor starter and High Feature electronic motorstarter versions.
The electromechanical motor starter is switched with conventional contactors and is offered as direct or reversing starter with optional 400 V brake control. The electronic motor starter is equipped with semiconductor switching elements and is therefore especially suited for applications with high switching frequencies. This high feature device not only handles the direct on/off switching of motors with high switching frequency, but also fulfills the additional function of a full-fledged soft starter for a soft start-up and stoppage. The conversion from motor starter to soft starter is achieved using simple re-parameterization in SIMATIC Manager.
ET 200pro High Feature motor starters
The High Feature motor starters differ from the Standard motor starters in that they have more parameters and feature four parameterizable digital inputs. Parameterization is easy and convenient to carry out using the SIMATIC Manager.
The motor starters ET 200pro feature high functionality with a small footprint, as well as simple and fast configuration and installation – and they increase the availability of production plants.
ET 200pro safety motor starters
ET 200pro safety motor starters, which are specially developed for applications without control cabinets, provide a very economical safety concept solution. Depending on your requirements, we offer: Local safety motor starter solutions for local safety-oriented solutions with a standard PLC. And: Safety motor starter solution PROFIsafe for use with safety-oriented control using PROFIBUS or PROFINET.