SIMATIC Safe Kinematics
Fail-safe monitoring of kinematics movements in cartesian space
The SIMATIC Safe Kinematics software library for fail-safe CPUs of SIMATIC S7-1500, combined with SINAMICS S120, makes it possible to safely monitor pre-defined kinematics in cartesian space. Velocity monitoring for selected points (e.g. Tool Center Point) and freely configurable zones (e.g., working and protection zones) protect machine operators during their work.
Monitor kinematic movements safely
With SIMATIC Safe Kinematics, movement in space of predefined kinematics with up to 12 interpolating axes can be monitored safely.
The following monitoring functions are available:
- Safe velocity monitoring
With safe velocity monitoring you monitor the cartesian velocity of individual kinematics points, e.g. at the Tool Center Point or at joints.
- Safe zone monitoring
With safe zone monitoring you monitor the position of the kinematics in the cartesian space, e.g. to limit the travel range of the kinematics or to monitor areas that can be entered by operating staff.
- Safe orientation monitoring
With safe orientation monitoring you monitor the orientation of the flange at an user-defined kinematics, e.g. the operation on a workpiece may only be enabled if the tool is vertical to the floor.
The following kinematics are supported:
- Cartesian portal
- Roller picker (vertical and horizontal)
- Delta picker
- Articulated arm
- The software is supplied with a Single Runtime License.
A license is required for each F-CPU on which SIMATIC Safe Kinematics runs.
- The software can only be ordered via Online Software Delivery (OSD).
The download contains one license certificate and the TIA Portal installation setup for SIMATIC Safe Kinematics.
- The following additional licenses are required to use SIMATIC Safe Kinematics:
- SIMATIC STEP 7 Professional (TIA Portal) V16
- STEP 7 Safety Advanced V16
- SINAMICS Safety Integrated Advanced Functions (for each monitored axis of the kinematics)